Photo

Back Treatment Help for a backless bride...

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 BarefootBride

BarefootBride
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 04:50 AM

I am getting my wedding dressed altered. It will now be backless. I am a little worried, since I think I have an ugly back. I was thinking that I better get back treatments but I really have never had one. What does it consist of? How often do I need to go? Should I get a wax done too?
    Any suggestions to anyone who have had these treatments done? Or help from backless brides?

#2 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 04:53 AM

I bet it's not as bad as you think, but what about it don't you like? Do you have bumps/acne, or is it something major?

If it's acne-like Neutrogena makes a clear body wash that may help, it helped with the chicken skin (bumps) on my upper arms...lol Not sure you could get it in Japan, maybe online though.

#3 BarefootBride

BarefootBride
      • 1,266 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 05:58 AM

Its just ugly! Like Fat and the skin tone doesnt look right. I do have light hair... not hairy just thin hair that I notice.

#4 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
        • 26,161 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 07:58 AM

Maybe google back excercises that can help get it looking like you want. Have you ever tried fade cream? Palmer's makes one that's good for evening out skin tone. I know people who have used it with success.

Click the image to open in full size.

Welcome to Palmer's

Whatever you do, you have plenty of time :o)

#5 -Kate-

-Kate-
          • VIP Member
          • 7,676 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 08:44 AM

You could try a series of back facials. Most salons do them now. That combined with some back toning exercises should get you lovin your back!

#6 lucy106

lucy106
            • 2,880 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 09:15 AM

A back facial? I've never heard of such a thing, very cool. Would a spray tan help the skin tone?

#7 Dbell

Dbell
              • 455 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 09:29 AM

I went to see my dermatologist last week and she told me about new laser procedures they are doing for the face and back. You can get several laser treatments, depending on the severity of your acne or scars, etc for about 30-45 minutes each.

The cost was about $400.00 per treatment.

#8 JennyK

JennyK
                • 3,502 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 10:52 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by lucy106
                  A back facial? I've never heard of such a thing, very cool. Would a spray tan help the skin tone?
                  When I was in school, we learned to do facials first on the back :) It was awesome practicing on each other. Basically its the same steps as a regular facial - cleanse, exfoliate, massage, mask, & moisturize. It really helps clear up backne

#9 Yari

Yari
                  • VIP Member
                  • 10,928 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 12:50 PM

A back facial sounds wonderful!!!

Can you get a trainer to help you work out and tone up?

#10 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 4,513 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 12:54 PM

Are you wearing a veil? That could be an easy way to cover up what you don't like! Otherwise if you like to work out (which I am not a big fan of) the rowing machine does wonders for your back!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users