Photo

12.29.07 Wedding ~ Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#11 kristendotcom

kristendotcom
  • 294 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 10:44 AM

Congrats and what a great review! Can I ask where you got your wedding license translated at?

#12 FutureSgtsWife

FutureSgtsWife
    • 4 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 11:41 AM

Thank you soooooooo much for such a detailed review!! We're getting married at MP in August but are staying at Cancun Palace.

I do have a question if you don't mind....
      We wanted to be married on the beach. Opted for the gazebo because the bamboo arch was $850 to rent. Did you use a different arch and how much was the rental? I LOVE that you had the wedding on the terrace. What a perfect idea!!!

Thanks again for the help. I like how each guest added a shell to the vase for the sand ceremony. We're having each of our children pour some sand in with us.

Lisa

#13 twinkletoes

twinkletoes
      • 2,302 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 02:43 PM

You wrote an awesome review! I'm not a MP bride, but I know that your review will defitenly help those that are.

Congrats, your pics are beautiful :~)
        2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#14 Myda77

Myda77
        • 821 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 09:55 PM

You look amazing, I love your dress. The wedding looks beautiful and fun. Congratulations!
          Maida & Tomas
          Circa 2004 - Our first picture together!

#15 BarefootBride

BarefootBride
          • 1,266 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 10:33 PM

This is an excellent review! You looke absolutely stunning on your wedding dress! That Nicole Miller dress looked fabulous on you!!!!! Im not getting married in mexico but I did enjoy reading your review and viewing your photos! Thanks for Sharing!

#16 bebe

bebe
            • 30 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 01:11 AM

Thank you so much for the great review! It will definitely help make the final decision on booking our resort. Your pictures are great and I absolutely love your dress!!

#17 cheeks75

cheeks75
              • 96 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 11:45 AM

Thanks so much for such a detailed review. I am getting married at the Moon Palace in August and it is so reassuring knowing everything that you stated. You touched on a lot of subjects where I had previously read negativity about and really made me understand and feel more confident in my choice. This was so informative and I really thank you for EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!

#18 OneLove

OneLove
                • 86 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 12:22 PM

Thanks! to each of you for your responses of kind words... I truely appreciate it!

to answer some questions:

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by deznchris2006
                  OMG Thank you for posting this! I'm getting married at the MP is January 2009 and this is soooo helpful. I might PM you if I or FI have any questions, if that's ok.
                  I do not mind. Just let me know.

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by kristendotcom
                  Congrats and what a great review! Can I ask where you got your wedding license translated at?
                  The translation of the apostille birth certificates was required, and the translation of the marriage certificate to English was a requested add on. The translations were required to be done through the on-site certified translators at Moon Palace.

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by FutureSgtsWife
                  Thank you soooooooo much for such a detailed review!! We're getting married at MP in August but are staying at Cancun Palace.

I do have a question if you don't mind....
                  We wanted to be married on the beach. Opted for the gazebo because the bamboo arch was $850 to rent. Did you use a different arch and how much was the rental? I LOVE that you had the wedding on the terrace. What a perfect idea!!!

Thanks again for the help. I like how each guest added a shell to the vase for the sand ceremony. We're having each of our children pour some sand in with us.

Lisa
                  When I asked about the terrace, Lily/WC mentioned they could do the set up that they do for the beach weddings. She sent me this picture w/ the estimate of $770. I asked about a less expensive option, and she gave an estimate of $550 which would not include the extra flowers along the aisle. At our on-site meeting, she made a call to the vendor to get the actual cost. I was charged $380 for the bamboo, blue & green ribbon, white table cloth (didnt come in blue/green as the pink/orange in the picture), and flowers just on the bamboo posts. This included set up & breakdown as well.

Did she say exactly what was $850?

(a beach set up sent from Moon Palace WC)
                  Click the image to open in full size.

#19 shannon

shannon
                  • 772 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 07:58 PM

This was so so helpful!! Thanks so much--- and your pictures are absolutely stunning! Congratulations!!

#20 kitty_kat_uk

kitty_kat_uk
                    • 170 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 09:39 AM

fantastic review, you looked fantastic on your big day. Congratulations!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users