Photo

Help me decide what kind of wedding band I should get!

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#21 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 24,768 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 12:46 PM

Oh yikes. That's a tough one, for sure. I go back and forth between being honest and letting your FI know the truth - since YOU will be wearing this for the rest of your life! But at the same time, you then risk hurting the feelings of both him and your FMIL. It sounds like maybe your FI knew your style, but didn't trust his gut well enough. That's too bad.

Does he know how you feel? If he doesn't maybe you can explain to him that he really did know you best, and while you appreciate the gift, you'd rather have something less flashy, and more "you." And then he can talk to his mom and try to explain that you love the ring, it just isn't you and you'd love to have something a little more simple.

Some women do operate under the assumption that more, and bigger, diamonds are better - and don't understand when some of us just don't agree!

#22 BRENDASTAR

BRENDASTAR
    • 98 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 01:03 PM

I have an e-ring similiar to the one you posted, a three stone ring. I find that the rings that have a curve fit better with the three stones, since trying them on together. They curve around the bigger stone in the center. Just a thought!

#23 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 24,768 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 01:29 PM

So does anyone know of a good place to go in Chicago where I can try on a lot of different options? I think I just need to try them on to decide. The shop where we got my e-ring doesn't have many options.

Oh, and if there are any more opinions out there ... please share!

#24 EDYTA

EDYTA
        • 1,277 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 01:31 PM

I don't know of any places in Chicago but this is what i am doing...go into the big jewelery retilers such as Tiffany's or Birks (hmmm dont know if u have one there...but they have so many differnt styles...try on a bunch and than get it made somewhere else...this is what I am doing and its saving me big bucks

#25 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 24,768 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 01:33 PM

Ooohhh - good idea. I'll take any excuse to pop into a Tiffanys! Thanks, Edyta.

#26 EDYTA

EDYTA
            • 1,277 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 01:35 PM

Ya there so nice in the store anyways and it's not like they will reject you and say no trying on rings...just make them believe you're gonna buy from them....and than once u find the ring u want go onto their website and print the pic of the one u picked and take it into a custom jeweler to get it made....ok i blab 2 much, ill shut up now lol

#27 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 24,768 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 01:37 PM

blab away - you're giving me a good idea!

#28 anaderoux

anaderoux
                • 3,220 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 01:38 PM

Ann have you made a decision? I'm in a dilema between eternity band and half or 3/4 eternity..
                  I really want eternity but they've told me that it's not good for everyday use.. I don't know what to do..

#29 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 24,768 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 01:40 PM

I haven't made a decision unfortunately, but I was leaning towards eternity until I thought about some of the comments you ladies have made! I was first thinking it would be nice to have diamonds all the way around so I never have to worry about it turning or being lined up, and also it would be pretty on it's own if I didn't wear my e-ring for some reason. But maybe it's not the best idea? I don't know!

I do think I need to go try on all styles and decide what I like best.

#30 anaderoux

anaderoux
                    • 3,220 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 01:42 PM

If I go for eternity I'll definetly order it half a size bigger..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users