Wedding Disaster: location closing down....

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#21 lovefreddy

• 148 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 11:18 PM

Alyssa-I am so sorry. I feel so terrible and my heart really goes out to you. You have been plannig such a wonderful day, and I know you must be devastated. I commend you for sounding so positive though, EVERYTHING WILL TURN OUT JUST AS BEAUTIFUL as you have been planning. You have seemed so organized, that I am sure Plan B will be just as amazing!

#22 AllureEventDesign

• 115 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 11:52 PM

Hey Alyssa ~ I am so sorry to hear about this! I am so glad to see you and your FI are taking this so well.. I have been on the other side, helping couples who's weddings were cancelled due to natural disasters and I know how much work it can be. Please feel free to ask for help! I'm not in Hawaii but we can all help you.. right girls??!

#23 beachbride08

• VIP Member
      • 2,372 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 11:58 PM

You are handling this very well, I would not be as calm as you that is for sure. Is there another hotel on Molokai that you can move the wedding to? If not, I'm sure you can still use the bags you made even if it has Molokai on it. I;m sure your guests will understand.

#24 Celina

• Banned
        • 2,811 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 12:00 AM

Oh Alyssa!

I feel so sorry that this is happening to you. First Mabel and now this. When I read your first post I thought - she is one of those people who are very calm and collected during a crisis. I would be a mess.

I'm sure something will work out for you and your FI.

Let us know how we can help!
          "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#25 Alyssa

• 11,793 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 12:03 AM

i know! we are still dealing with this illness thing with Mabel - it was kind of crazy b/c every one of our guests that we had to call tonight - each phone call took like 1/2 hour b/c we were updating them on Mabel and then the location - it was kind of crazy!

thanks again for all the offers to help - you girls are the BEST!

and Michelle - as for the OOT bags - i will probably make new ones - i am kind of a perfectionist about that stuff - we will see!

#26 Leia78

• VIP Member
            • 2,459 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 12:12 AM

holy crap Alyssa...I can't believe that! Keep us updated on what you guys do...

#27 Saraha

• 2,597 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 12:24 AM

Ooohhhh No you poor thing, as if you didnt have enough to worry about, with poor Mabel and everything.... You are taking this very well. Everything will turn perfectly, let me know if you need help with anything at all. Im a perfectionist too so no where your coming from.

#28 Jtds2713

• 714 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 12:34 AM

Hi Alyssa,

So shocked and so sorry to hear about this. JUst let me know how we can help. You know we are going to be in Oahu on August 2 until 11. If you need anything let me know. Even regarding planning ok?

Hang in there!

#29 Yari

• VIP Member
                  • 10,928 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 12:43 AM

Wow, I am so sorry! Let me know if there is anything I can do.

#30 starchild

• Moderators
                    • 26,161 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 04:29 AM

No! From the title I was thinking you were sharing an article you found about someone else's wedding disaster, I didn't imagine it was yours....damn it!!! How unfortunate for everyone affected. You have a great attitude about it, now let's get you a new venue asap!

For your guests with the non-refundable airfares, what island are they flying in to? We're all really good at this so between everyone we've got you covered.

Seriously, I have far too much free time and would be more than happy to do some research and make some inquiries for you if you have an idea of what type of replacement you are looking for. I'll email you, but for now hang in there sweetie and I am so sorry for the undue stress...hugs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users