28 replies to this topic

#11 Leia78

Leia78
  • VIP Member
  • 2,459 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 04:33 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DougsGirl
    Scrubbing the tub is so hard! I'm only barely 5'3", and to try and reach the wall from standing outside the tub, or kneeling and leaning over the edge with the side of the bathtub cutting off your air supply is a beotch! It sucks!
    totally know what you mean!

#12 Yari

Yari
    • VIP Member
    • 10,928 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 04:34 PM

I hate cleaning bathrooms. It was my "chore" when I was young and I hated it then too!!!

#13 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 5,752 posts
      • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 25 March 2008 - 04:40 PM

i DONT clean toilets or wood floors, and seeing as we have both, im so greatful we have an amazing cleaning lady who washes the floors by hand and scrubs the toilet until it sparkles. we pay $60/month, including the tip.

#14 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,669 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 25 March 2008 - 04:51 PM

it is so worth it to get cleaners...i got them when i was pregnant because steve is neat and so i am but i have deep cleaning...

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#15 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
      • VIP Member
      • 18,452 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 04:56 PM

I'm so jealous. My house is such a mess right now. I think $85 is worth it.
        ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
        Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
        Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#16 angitalia23

angitalia23
        • 1,029 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 04:56 PM

You did the right thing! Especially for the bathroom. Anthony & I usually get a cleaning service after big events that we have at our house (new years, etc.) But seriously I need one like you Leia, every three weeks sounds perfect!
          Anthony & Angela
          19 June 2008

#17 CarrieRN

CarrieRN
          • 815 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 05:20 PM

So they do clean the bathroom and floors? Do they clean the kitchen (obviously we could do the dishes)? I would be willing to work an overtime shift to have someone else clean my house. My FI is hard to keep tidy. And the amount of laundry he generates is incredible.
            http://i236.photobuc....m/IMG_1472.jpg
            Philip at 1 yr old. Go Steelers!
            Soon I will get to post wedding pics, figure I should get some more Philip in first!

http://dv.daisypath.com/Mvdhm5/.png

#18 Aimless911

Aimless911
            • 391 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 05:27 PM

Good for you! And that is actually a really good price for everything it sounds like they're doing!

We have a gal we're going to start bringing in...I know she does a great job...I'm just hesitant right now cuz I want the house to be clean before she comes over! hahahahaha How pathetic is that! I figured if I can get it clean just ONCE, and then she starts comin in, it'll be easier to upkeep...right

Congrats! Wise move!

#19 Leia78

Leia78
              • VIP Member
              • 2,459 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 09:01 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by CarrieRN
                So they do clean the bathroom and floors? Do they clean the kitchen (obviously we could do the dishes)? I would be willing to work an overtime shift to have someone else clean my house. My FI is hard to keep tidy. And the amount of laundry he generates is incredible.
                They dust, clean the kitchen (fridge and oven...), bathrooms, bedrooms, vacuum the entire house, they do everything!

#20 BarefootBride

BarefootBride
                • 1,266 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 10:55 PM

I heart my cleaning lady!!!! Shes AWESOME!
                  She stays half a day every week. And its so normal to clean your house before she gets there! I do it all the time but I never manage to get it too clean. She manages to find something to do in my house. Sometimes she organizes my stuff. She has even bought me hangers and shelves for my house. She charges much less but I pay her more to do my house because its so dirty. $60 for about 5 hours and she does EVERYTHING and probably knows everything about me!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users