Photo

Scrapbooking ladies need your help/advice/suggestions!

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Chiquita

Chiquita
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 05:33 PM

I saw some books of paper.. is that what you mean? Some had scalloped edges already and everything! There was a book of more primary colours and I'm not sure what else.

Or do you mean the scrapbooking book had paper with it? The ones I bought had plain white paper in them..

#22 JennyK

JennyK
    • 3,502 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 05:57 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Chiquita
      I saw some books of paper.. is that what you mean? Some had scalloped edges already and everything! There was a book of more primary colours and I'm not sure what else.

Or do you mean the scrapbooking book had paper with it? The ones I bought had plain white paper in them..
      here's an example. It's called cardstock - A.C. Moore - Rockstar Paper Stack With Foil & Flocking 12"X12"-48 Sheets/Pad

#23 Chiquita

Chiquita
      • 2,674 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 06:27 PM

Okay gotcha.. thanks :)

#24 sm316217

sm316217
        • 50 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 04:07 PM

Try this site for ideas.....
          The Best Scrapbooking Supplies On The Web - Two Peas in a Bucket

Search the Gallery. I use them all the time and they have some amazing layouts.

Also save your coupons every week from the paper for Joanne's. Look for sales. I only buy paper and sticker when it is on sale.

and if you live in Ohio..... Hollo's PaperCraft Brunswick, OH @ hollos.com
          Hollo's Paper Craft is amazing. They sell paper by the pound. Really... you weigh it up... $1.00 - $1.50 a pound. You can get alot of paper for just a little. Like I said... if you live in Ohio or close it is worth the drive if you are a scrapbooker.

Good Luck!

#25 JennyK

JennyK
          • 3,502 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 04:10 PM

Thanks!! I love finding new scrap sites. I've only been using scrapjazz.com and scrapbook.com

Quote:
            Originally Posted by sm316217
            Try this site for ideas.....
            The Best Scrapbooking Supplies On The Web - Two Peas in a Bucket

Search the Gallery. I use them all the time and they have some amazing layouts.

Also save your coupons every week from the paper for Joanne's. Look for sales. I only buy paper and sticker when it is on sale.

and if you live in Ohio..... Hollo's PaperCraft Brunswick, OH @ hollos.com
            Hollo's Paper Craft is amazing. They sell paper by the pound. Really... you weigh it up... $1.00 - $1.50 a pound. You can get alot of paper for just a little. Like I said... if you live in Ohio or close it is worth the drive if you are a scrapbooker.

Good Luck!

#26 Chiquita

Chiquita
            • 2,674 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 05:57 PM

Thanks for the site!! I need all the help I can get :)

#27 Jenn79

Jenn79
              • 625 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 10:58 AM

Try looking at your area dollar stores too, for stickers and accessories. If you have a Dollarama, it's the best one. I have two near me and both of them have an entire aisle dedicated to scrapbooking and crafty stuff.
                Jenn & Timm, May 10, 2007
                Review Pictures Pro Pictures
                "i write to be read" Fiction by Timm Holmes

#28 Chiquita

Chiquita
                • 2,674 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 11:55 AM

You're right.. I just went into Dollarama this past weekend and they do have a whole aisle just for scrapbooking stuff! Now I just have to figure out my pages so I know what to buy :)

#29 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
                  • VIP Member
                  • 3,160 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 01:10 PM

i didnt read the entire thread so im sorry if this is a repeat-

have you gone to ac moore or michael's craft store? they have LOTS of goodies for you to make pages with! cheap too. you can pick certain colors for your background, designs, etc. they have "border" tabs to place on the corners of the photos to make it look nice, TONS of stuff...

also a cute idea is go to hallmark, or anywhere they sell good cards. look for a pretty "friend" card that has something nice written in them and cut them out and put on page. i did that for carly's and i thought they looked cute.

it is so much fun once u get started!

#30 Chiquita

Chiquita
                    • 2,674 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 01:37 PM

Hallmark is a good idea.. thanks Jacqueline :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users