Jump to content

Photo

Scrapbooking ladies need your help/advice/suggestions!


  • Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#11 Chiquita

Chiquita
  • Sr. Member
  • 2,674 posts

    Posted 26 March 2008 - 01:55 PM

    Aww.. thanks so much ladies! I hope they like them since this is WAY out of my comfort zone.. but if I can make boarding pass invites, I can do this right? Heh

    Hopefully this is a totally fun experience and no one that stresses me out! If I'm successful with these you can bet I'll keep up with it.. :)

    #12 JennyK

    JennyK
    • Sr. Member
    • 3,502 posts

      Posted 26 March 2008 - 04:51 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Chiquita
      Aww.. thanks so much ladies! I hope they like them since this is WAY out of my comfort zone.. but if I can make boarding pass invites, I can do this right? Heh

      Hopefully this is a totally fun experience and no one that stresses me out! If I'm successful with these you can bet I'll keep up with it.. :)
      it'll be fun! Dont forget to post pics when u are done :)

      #13 Chiquita

      Chiquita
      • Sr. Member
      • 2,674 posts

        Posted 26 March 2008 - 05:53 PM

        Yes I will for sure post pics when I'm done.. tonight I'm going to Michaels (and the scrapbook store) so we'll see how much money I end up spending!

        #14 JennyK

        JennyK
        • Sr. Member
        • 3,502 posts

          Posted 26 March 2008 - 08:47 PM

          I'm making a scrapbook guestbook and only spent $20.50 :):)

          #15 Chiquita

          Chiquita
          • Sr. Member
          • 2,674 posts

            Posted 27 March 2008 - 03:26 PM

            $20.50? Holy.. I've spent quite a bit already I'm embarrassed to say.. however, I registered for a beginner's basics class next wed night so I can properly learn how to do stuff.. can't wait! :)

            #16 TammyB

            TammyB
            • Sr. Member
            • 10,630 posts

              Posted 27 March 2008 - 03:42 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Chiquita
              $20.50? Holy.. I've spent quite a bit already I'm embarrassed to say.. however, I registered for a beginner's basics class next wed night so I can properly learn how to do stuff.. can't wait! :)
              I wouldn't buy too much stuff before your class. I took one, and they offered a discount towards supplies for that day. So if they do the same you can end up saving some money by waiting until your class

              #17 JennyK

              JennyK
              • Sr. Member
              • 3,502 posts

                Posted 27 March 2008 - 04:07 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Chiquita
                $20.50? Holy.. I've spent quite a bit already I'm embarrassed to say.. however, I registered for a beginner's basics class next wed night so I can properly learn how to do stuff.. can't wait! :)
                Yea, but mind you.. I have an entire room in my house dedicated to scrapbooking. I have A LOT of money already invested in supplies. lol Scrapbooking can be a costly hobby if you're not careful.

                #18 Denise40

                Denise40
                • Jr. Member
                • 407 posts

                  Posted 27 March 2008 - 04:09 PM

                  It sure can!! I have a 3-car garage with a room above it. The room above it is my scrapbooking room. I have the wire paper racks/ the wall hangers everything. I just havn't scrapped since I had my back surgery in Sept.

                  #19 Chiquita

                  Chiquita
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 2,674 posts

                    Posted 27 March 2008 - 04:13 PM

                    Thanks Tammy you are right.. there is a 10% discount for stuff if I'm buying after my class.. I only bought a cutter and a couple of 8" x 8" scrapbooking books plus a few adhesives and stickers so far :) It was a little overwhelming at Micheal's with ALL that stuff there.. oh and I bought some 8" x 8" paper that fits right into the books.. but just a couple of funky pages..

                    #20 JennyK

                    JennyK
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 3,502 posts

                      Posted 27 March 2008 - 04:22 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Chiquita
                      Thanks Tammy you are right.. there is a 10% discount for stuff if I'm buying after my class.. I only bought a cutter and a couple of 8" x 8" scrapbooking books plus a few adhesives and stickers so far :) It was a little overwhelming at Micheal's with ALL that stuff there.. oh and I bought some 8" x 8" paper that fits right into the books.. but just a couple of funky pages..
                      the best way to start out is to buy a book with the paper which usually range from $10-20 and it gives you about 80 pages.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users