I'm starting nutrisystem

Leia78

I'm doing Nutrisystem too. I did it for the first time back in August and lost 8 pounds. Then I quit. I just joined again in February. Yes, some of the food it terrible (mostly the lunches) but I find the breakfasts and dinners to be better. Here are some of the items that are pretty good.

Breakfast:

1. Freeze dried scrambled eggs with sausage bits (yes, it sounds gross, but you have to nuke it for about 1.5 minutes and then it's actually pretty good.)

2. Granola cereal - this one ROCKS!!!!

Lunch:

1. S'mores bars - YUM!!!

2. Cheesey potatoes

3. Fettucini

4. Chicken a la king

Dinner:

1. Pizza (anyone of them, I think there are three different kinds)

2. Mushroom Rissoto

3. Meatloaf with mashed potatoes

4. Cheese and spinach ravioli

5. Vegetable lasagna

6. Mac and cheese with beef

Dessert:

1. I only get the chocolate chip cookie

2. But the chocolate cake is good

3. And the chocolate pudding is pretty good

Other items I've tried that I didn't like:

1. Anything with tuna

2. Chicken salad

3. Brownie

Let me know if you have any questions. Good luck!!!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Jenn for the tips. I really didn't like th eggs. But I will agree with you on the tuna and chicken salad. I tried the tuna casserole yesterday and had to throw it out. I ended up eating the chicken and dumpling dinner. It was pretty good.

good luck to you too!

• 3 months later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
So Leia and Jen how did you end up doing? I was looking at buying Nutrisystem today but I am a picky eater - meaning I only like fattening fried foods LOL! Let me know how it worked for you!
The first time I did Nutrisystem (August 2007) I ordered a mish-mosh of different things. Holy crap - some of it was AWFUL!!! When I did it the second time (January 200cool.gif, I narrowed it down to just the few items I liked best, but had a hard time sticking to it. So I have a lot left over that I never used.

Since losing weight is really all about the calories, I decided to just use the left over items as "fill in's" for when I want really low calories at a meal. For example, I'll have a Kashi cereal for breakfast, a banana for a snack, a Lean Cuisine Panini for lunch, a 100-calorie snack for my afternoon snack and then a Nutrisystem meal for dinner and then some other chocolate snack in the evening. I'm trying to stick to 1500 to 1700 calories a day and this helps me do it. This with exercise has been helping a lot.

However, that piece of Red Velvet birthday cake that I had for breakfast this morning isn't helping me at all - LOL!!!

Thanks Jen, I guess it's the whole "sticking to the diet" thing that I have a problem with. I'm just leery of spending $300 on food that I might not even want to eat. Knowing me I would make it, taste it, throw it away and then head over to McDonalds. Or have a piece of Red Velvet Cake LOL!

• 11 months later...

Ok I NEARLY ordered nutrisystem out of desperation this morning but then I decided to search the God send BDW. I'm sooooo glad I didn't order. No way I could eat gross food- even if that meant losing weight. Obviously I can't do that now so why would paying a shit ton of money for it change my motivation.

Sigh- now what? sad.gif

rachel, try weight watchers. it's a lifestyle change and i swear by it. you can eat whatever you want and drink whatever you want...it's about learning to make healthy choices. i think the first meeting at ww is free; why not check it out? i'd be more than happy to help you plan meals and be your 'sponsor' (for lack of a better term)...

ETA: just as an fyi, i'm 5' tall (on a good day). when i first joined ww, i was 140lbs. i know that 140 doesn't seem like much, but i was not comfortable and decided to be proactive. that and there's always been a weight competition between my sister and myself. when i realized i was bigger than her, i decided to do something about it. w/in about 6 months i was down to 117. i couldn't maintain it and went back up to 125ish...whenever i stop going to meetings i bounce back up, but as long as i keep going, i can maintain 120-125. the biggest motivation to keep going to the meetings is a) fitting in my clothing and B) the bigger people who go to the meetings but don't follow the plan always look like they want to eat me - it gives me some kind of warped satisfaction.

I did WW and it wasn't a good fit for me because I'm too lazy. Honestly- I hate cooking and I hate grocery shopping. I just need to be really rich and hire a personal chef and I would be skinny and set for life.

Thanks for your offer though Lauren. But if you REALLY want to help, I'll pay you $5 a day to cook for me. Hell- add another $2 to that and you can clean the house too. wink.gif