Photo

Rings

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#11 TammyB

TammyB
  • 10,630 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 05:10 PM

Did you check blueniles website? You can design your own ring on there.

#12 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
    • 5,248 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 05:14 PM

I hinted at it a couple of times (by hint I mean I told him, showed him, and drew for him exactly what I wanted until I felt he completely understood what I was saying.) I also explained to him the whole diamond C's b/c he is color blind and would totally bring me a ring that was brown thinking it sparkled beautifully. My friend's husband is a jewler and he got if from him, but not until I approved of it. LOL. Okay I'm a control freak I admit it.

-Glenda:

#13 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
      • VIP Member
      • 4,116 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 05:17 PM

Well, I had seen a ring that one of my clients at work had, it had a pear shaped center stone which I thought was unusual and really liked. I mentioned the ring to my husband (boyfriend then) and he was appalled at the thought of a pear shaped stone! So in my effort to convince him it was pretty, I found a pic of one I liked on a website and showed it to him. He still wasn't that impressed.

A few weeks later we were out shopping - actually trying to find some new jeans for him - and he stopped in one of the jewelry stores. We browsed around, I didn't really like anything that much, and then he asked if I wanted to see what size my finger was. Being a total dork (serisouly, I was made fun of for this for months!) I said, "Oh no, I think I'm like a 6 or something..." he kept asking and saying, "let's just see for sure" and I kept putting him off... mostly I was just not in the mood for the saleperson to pressure us into something and all that.

Anwyay, after all that, he began ring shopping! I had NO idea at the time - though I probably should have! He spent weeks going to stores and finally ended up using the same jeweler/designer who had made my older sisters ring. He picked out the diamonds individually and designed the ring. He did GREAT!!! It's a platinum band with a round center stone and two pear shaped stones on the sides. It's gorgeous and so perfectly "me"!! It was a great "marriage" of his traditonalism and my infatuation with the pear shape. He's the best!

#14 JulieG

JulieG
        • VIP Member
        • 8,323 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 05:19 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by TAMMYM
          Did you check blueniles website? You can design your own ring on there.
          What is the exact site, I can't seem to find it.

#15 Christine

Christine
          • VIP Member
          • 21,514 posts
          • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
          • Wedding Location:Napa, California
          • LocationReno, NV

Posted 12 January 2007 - 05:25 PM

bluenile.com
          Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#16 JulieG

JulieG
          • VIP Member
          • 8,323 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 05:35 PM

I can't find anything like it on that site. lol He really did design it on his own. lol

#17 TammyB

TammyB
            • 10,630 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 05:46 PM

oh well, you'll just have to take a pic of it then and show us.. :-)

#18 JulieG

JulieG
              • VIP Member
              • 8,323 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 05:50 PM

I will do that this weekend for sure. I will probably take a million to find one that looks good, lol, we tried to take pics of my sister's engagement ring to show people far away, and we took about 30 and hated them all. lol I will see what I can do, I will post one no matter what though. Just for you TammyM

#19 TammyB

TammyB
                • 10,630 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 05:55 PM

Just a helpful hint, use a solid background.. Like black or red. it helps show the design.. (you can use a back of a shirt or something)

Sorry for the hi-jack... :-)

#20 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 24,768 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 05:57 PM

when i try to take a pic of mine, it's always blury - to get a clear picture i have to be so far away from my ring it defeats the purpose!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users