Meet-ups: Etiquette?

ACDCDCAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamisoncollette View Post
Wait, there was a meeting in San Juan? Ladies, where are the pics and posts about things to do? I've been thinking nobody liked PR!smile35.gif
I live too far away from everyone-pout-though I had hoped to meet up with the Canada girls. Everytime I talk about the forum my uncyber friends give me weird looks. I compare it to having lots of penpals!
No I meant San Juan Capistrano in So. Cal.....it was last year on April 2, the reason I remember the date was because I bought my car that day, the reason why I missed the dinner.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yari View Post
I had so much fun at the So Cal Meet-up. I was very nervous, especially when I was at the restaurant waiting for everyone.

I recognized Jamy immediately and was excited to meet her in person. Her husband and brother were extremely kind and we just started to chat. When Drea arrived, she was very easy to talk to also! The whole evening flew by and we just talked and laughed.

Our conversations consisted of all sorts of stuff, from weddings to BDW to our lives.

Don't worry to much, you will have a blast !
Yari is right! Maybe we Californians are extra cool (hehe) but there hasn't been any akwardness for me yet. It helps that I've always had DH with me so if the people sucked at least I had my man...lol But the people haven't sucked, we've been very lucky!

My first meet-up was with Drea, Kashmira, & Amy (and our spouses/fiances) and we all had a blast chatting away & drinking wine. Meeting Yari was also like meeting an old friend and we definitely didn't limit it to wedding stuff. We had some good conversations!

So yes, just be you and you'll have fun. Anyone interested in hanging out with the L.A. people check for Yari's thread about our next meet-up...we have a blast!

Well let's see- the first time I met "forum people" I did my BD pics with Ann & Lenita (shot by the fab Leigh Miller!). Nothin like getting naked in front of strangers...lol But truly, it was a ton of fun. Ann & Lenita were just like I expected- similar to their online "personalities". It was a little awkward for a few minutes, but then we really hit it off. Then, I met Tammy B for lunch about a month before my wedding- it was just the two of us and we met for breakfast. I was a little nervous waiting because I just didn't know what to expect, but again, we had a great time. Then, I met up with Tammy & Edyta at my wedding. That was an absolute blast! They are both just like they seem on the forum and I felt like I'd known them forever.

Don't be scared- I think if you get along well on here you will in "real life" too.

Jess - I feel exactly the same way. I am absolutely petrified to meet new people. Like worse then a blind date feeling. I've been trying to be different the last few years to stop being so antisocial, but it's hard! I don't know if anyone else could tell how uncomfortable I was, but I alwasy feel like an outsider. I am usually an observer. Luckily, the girls on the forum already know so much about me, that staying quiet wasn't really an option, cuz we just had stuff to talk about! It was surprisingly easy after the first few minutes. Then I also think leaving is hard, cuz I am not a touchy-feely person, and it's always like, what do I do, do I wave and say bye, do I give hugs? Yeah, I am crazy like that. But at least you all know that, so when we meet up, no one thinks I am weird, cuz they already know.

That was alot of blah blah blah, wasn't it Abbie! Anyway, I would never think I was the type to meet "online friends", but I also didn't think I was the type to go on a blind date and I did and now we are getting married! So even though the first few moments might be awkward, I totally think it is worth it to step outside your security zone occasionally. Honestly, I talk to the girls on the forum like I would never talk to anyone else in my life at all. Lauren and I talked about bikini hair removal during lunch! Who else could you talk to about that stuff? Sometimes, I have to draw things back in when I talk to my other friends, cuz I am so open on here that my real life friends dont really want to hear (ie. laser hair removal!) You are going to have a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaLovesBrian View Post
i've never met people from the internet before. i mentioned possibly going to the philly meet up to Brian and he kind of gave me a weird look.

i am kind of nervous about possibly going. it's like "first day of school" scary!

i don't know if i'm like my "online" personality. i'm usually super quiet and shy when i first meet people. i tend to sit back and observe them. once i'm comfortable i tend to come out of my shell... and obviously knocking back a few drinks helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LALA View Post
And it's not like we wear t-shirts that say "We met online" or anything. No one knows except for us!
OH SH i already had 5 matching ones made! darn it all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carly View Post
Jess - I feel exactly the same way. I am absolutely petrified to meet new people. Like worse then a blind date feeling. I've been trying to be different the last few years to stop being so antisocial, but it's hard! I don't know if anyone else could tell how uncomfortable I was, but I alwasy feel like an outsider. I am usually an observer. Luckily, the girls on the forum already know so much about me, that staying quiet wasn't really an option, cuz we just had stuff to talk about! It was surprisingly easy after the first few minutes. Then I also think leaving is hard, cuz I am not a touchy-feely person, and it's always like, what do I do, do I wave and say bye, do I give hugs? Yeah, I am crazy like that. But at least you all know that, so when we meet up, no one thinks I am weird, cuz they already know.

That was alot of blah blah blah, wasn't it Abbie! Anyway, I would never think I was the type to meet "online friends", but I also didn't think I was the type to go on a blind date and I did and now we are getting married! So even though the first few moments might be awkward, I totally think it is worth it to step outside your security zone occasionally. Honestly, I talk to the girls on the forum like I would never talk to anyone else in my life at all. Lauren and I talked about bikini hair removal during lunch! Who else could you talk to about that stuff? Sometimes, I have to draw things back in when I talk to my other friends, cuz I am so open on here that my real life friends dont really want to hear (ie. laser hair removal!) You are going to have a great time!
OMG Carly, I am SO exactly like you :) I completely agree with everything you said. Esp. the part, well jeez, ALL of it!

I think we will all be fine. If anything we might get kicked out of the restaurant for being too loud.

I once went to a GTG for a vintage jewelry collectors society. I was about 20 years younger than almost everyone else there. They all wore way too many rhinestones and allot of makeup. I felt like I was at a dress like Tammy Faye drag queen party.