Photo

McDonald's Sweet Tea (random thought of the day)

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 12:26 AM

This might be the funniest thread i've seen on BDW yet! FI and I are both from GA and addicted to sweet tea. We decide if we like resturants based on how sweet their tea is. If it's really good then we say Aunt Mae Mae must be in the kitchen
    See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#22 dragonfly

dragonfly
    • 1,820 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 03:44 AM

Up here in the great North I have never heard of it. I can't think of anything at McDonalds I like

#23 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
      • 26,161 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 05:21 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by twelve_piece
        This might be the funniest thread i've seen on BDW yet! FI and I are both from GA and addicted to sweet tea. We decide if we like resturants based on how sweet their tea is. If it's really good then we say Aunt Mae Mae must be in the kitchen
        haha...now that's funny!

#24 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
        • 26,161 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 06:35 PM

It's official, this sweet tea is my new addiction. As someone said above, I made a specific trip out of the house for it today. Once again the drive-through lady was puzzled that it is all I wanted :P This was the best brew yet. Their website doesn't list the sugar count but I read elsewhere that it is less sugar than a soda...good enough for me!

Thank you McDonald's for this refreshing beverage :)

BTW this is the banner that pulled me in while driving on a hot day:
          Click the image to open in full size.

#25 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
          • 1,260 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 06:56 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by dragonfly
            Up here in the great North I have never heard of it. I can't think of anything at McDonalds I like
            I hate to break it to ya, but you are not really living life to it's fullest if you don't have some sweet tea in your veins! Somebody get this girl some tea quick!

#26 azhuskergirl

azhuskergirl
            • 1,131 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 07:22 PM

oh no! my fiance LOVES sweet tea. Hopefully they DON'T start selling that in AZ!!

#27 monicabrandon2008

monicabrandon2008
              • 794 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 07:50 PM

That's a catchy banner! That would make me pull in on a hot day too! Now, if they have a Sonic near you they have the BEST refreshing drinks. They even have Happy Hour from 2-4 half price drinks!!! LOL I love it! They have the best cherry limeade drink and ocean water drink that's to die for!
                HIGH FIVE, WE'RE MARRIED!!!
                http://i51.photobuck...vtburks/1-4.jpg

#28 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
                • 1,260 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 07:51 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by monicabrandon2008
                  That's a catchy banner! That would make me pull in on a hot day too! Now, if they have a Sonic near you they have the BEST refreshing drinks. They even have Happy Hour from 2-4 half price drinks!!! LOL I love it! They have the best cherry limeade drink and ocean water drink that's to die for!
                  I love the sonic commercials! Those 2 guys in the car crack me up

#29 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 9,504 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 10:45 PM

I've had it and it is good for sweet tea. However, I think I am the only southerner who doesn't drink sweet tea! I'm really picky with tea, so it has to be brewed!

#30 beachbride08

beachbride08
                    • VIP Member
                    • 2,372 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 12:13 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by starchild
                      I googled it and it seems there are very strong opinions on the stuff - some people saying it's nasty and too sweet, some saying it's delicious and tastes like "real" southern sweet tea, and some saying it tastes different at different McDonald's.

Who's tried it?
                      I'm a big iced tea fan, and I did not like Mickey D's sweet tea. I do LOVE their hazelnut iced coffees though, but haven't had one since I found out how many WW points they were-6 if anyone was wondering and that is for the smaller size although it is not really that small.
                      Michelle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users