Photo

McDonald's Sweet Tea (random thought of the day)

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
  • 26,161 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 05:21 PM

Very random, but does anyone drink this? I hear MickeyD's has been selling this in the South for awhile now but I guess they just decided L.A. people might enjoy it too...lol

I was driving and thirsty and saw the sign, so for $1 I got a ginormous cup of sweet tea. It was really really really good! It is real brewed tea (not powder mix) with sugar and lemon. I got another one from a different McDonald's a few days later and it was not so good. It kind of tasted like it was made in a dirty coffee pot....eww

I googled it and it seems there are very strong opinions on the stuff - some people saying it's nasty and too sweet, some saying it's delicious and tastes like "real" southern sweet tea, and some saying it tastes different at different McDonald's.

Who's tried it?

#2 Kat81

Kat81
    • VIP Member
    • 7,615 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 05:22 PM

I have but I live in Texas, home of the sweet tea.

#3 FLgator

FLgator
      • 253 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 05:25 PM

I live in FL and I love McDonald's sweet tea, actually that is the only thing I will get from there. I miss it when I am up north, where they look at you funny if you ask for sweet tea.

#4 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 05:28 PM

no idea about their tea, but I do love their fries! (sorry, couldn't resist!)

#5 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
          • Moderators
          • 25,218 posts
          • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
          • LocationSeattle

Posted 24 March 2008 - 05:32 PM

Oh wow, I haven't seen it yet in Seattle, but I have to say I am a BIG fan of the Arizona Sweet Tea which you can get in huge-o-mungous jugs on sale at Walgreens for like $2.50. No clue if that is close to the real deal either, but it sure is good!
          Now I'm on the lookout for McD's version! Ooh, ICE!

#6 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
          • 26,161 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 05:32 PM

haha..the fries are good!

The last two times I went it was only for the tea...the drive through people were like "that's all?". I'm going back to the spot that had the good tea. It's been really hot here and it is so refreshing and has lots of ice! And 32 ounces for $1!

#7 monicabrandon2008

monicabrandon2008
            • 794 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 05:33 PM

I haven't even noticed it's available! I love me some sweet tea- I'll have to try it!
              HIGH FIVE, WE'RE MARRIED!!!
              http://i51.photobuck...vtburks/1-4.jpg

#8 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
              • Moderators
              • 25,218 posts
              • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
              • LocationSeattle

Posted 24 March 2008 - 05:33 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by AnnR
              no idea about their tea, but I do love their fries! (sorry, couldn't resist!)
              OMG what I wouldn't do for a McD's french fry right now. I would give up BDW for the rest of the work day (1 and a half hours!) for just one lovely golden fried frenchie from McDonalds. AHHHHHHHHH. YUM!

#9 katrina

katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 4,328 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 05:35 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by FLgator
                I live in FL and I love McDonald's sweet tea, actually that is the only thing I will get from there. I miss it when I am up north, where they look at you funny if you ask for sweet tea.
                i'm in nj and we have it.. although i don't know how far north you go

#10 Yari

Yari
                • VIP Member
                • 10,928 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 05:37 PM

I too am a Mickey D fry lover! Yummy!

I haven't had their sweet tea...but have you had their iced coffee? It is so good and way cheaper than Starbucks. I was shocked!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users