• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 10:45 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dragonfly
    If anyone has a regular seamstress I would ask what they would charge you, and if you don't I really think you will be charged higher if you stick with the bridal salons seamstress's. Another things you girls should think about is try to negotiate your alteration costs with the bridal salon before ordering your dress, I managed to get a pretty good discount on my dress from my salon because I asked, and I made it clear I had other dresses in other bridal shops that I liked just as well (not true) but it worked.
    I have to agree with you...I almost bought my dress at full-price bc I wasn't "vocal" enough but I decided to put my big-girl panties on and spoke with the owner of the bridal salon and asked her if she can do a price match for me...and she said YES!! It saved me $200 and on top of that she is still giving me a free bustle bc my BMs also bought their dresses there. So I think its definitely worth to ask/negotiate before hand on some of these things bc after all they do want your business. But to answer your original question, I think the alteraration costs is a bit steep! I would definitely suggest getting a quote from a seamtress (outside a bridal salon). Is there anyone in your family/friends that can recommend a good one perhaps? Best of luck.

#22 Leticia

Leticia
    • 259 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 01:20 AM

well funny you ask, I just had my first fitting and so far the bill is $283, I's a lace dress, I have it taken in, alot, hemmed, bustle and cups put in. not the worst, but it sucks on top of a $1300 dress!

#23 geology_rocks

geology_rocks
      • 215 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 12:07 PM

Mine was $350 +tax for hemming and bustle. Way too much money in my opinion. The bulk of the cost was for the hemming and I don't have any detailing on the bottom of my dress.

#24 mpetzold

mpetzold
        • 13 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 12:53 AM

I am lucky enough to have found a bridal shop that includes the alterations (hemming, taking dress in, etc.) and one bustle with their wedding gowns.

It is funny because the dress was $50.00 less than everyone in town and they include the alterations. This should save a bundle!

Mandy
          Mandy
          Wedding Date: September 4, 2008
          Wedding Location: La Jolla, California (San Diego)
          At Home Reception Date: October 11, 2008
          http://farm2.static.....b81af6.jpg?v=0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users