feeling oddly prepared and it's stressing me out

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 Spazz

Spazz
  • VIP Member
  • 10,482 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 03:56 PM

I feel the same way. I keep saying I have "wedding stuff" to do, but really I don't. Other than to figure out how the hell to pack everything, I'm pretty much set.

#12 Celina

Celina
    • Banned
    • 2,811 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 03:56 PM

Wowie Kazowie!

Good for you! Just don't forget to pack everything!

I did that on our site visit trip and ended up without half of my clothes!
      "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#13 melglnh2o

melglnh2o
      • 1,016 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 04:02 PM

It is kind of wierd because I am on the other side of that. I have so much to do still but I am not stressed at all. I am sure all hell will break loose soon. Everyone tells me I am way too calm. :)

#14 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 04:04 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Lizz
          I feel the same way. I keep saying I have "wedding stuff" to do, but really I don't. Other than to figure out how the hell to pack everything, I'm pretty much set.

When I say I have "wedding stuff" it usually means learn how to use a new photo software. Most of my wedding planning has been using software & getting cool fonts.

I wanted to get most of it done early so I can start spending my weekends getting some sun. I've got to get some sun before mexico or I will burn.

#15 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
          • 26,161 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 04:22 PM

haha...then that must mean you are prepared! I went through something similar. In fact, when I was new I posted a thread asking if anyone else was not stressed out, because I read so many threads where brides where stressing about decor & details. To my surprise I got a lot of responses from people who also were pretty much done with the big stuff and letting the other pieces fall where they may.

You're doing yourself a huge favor by not over-thinking things because I think most of us married gals will tell you that the details aren't what you leave thinking about in the end. Good for you!!!

As for the nerves...I suggest meditation and alcohol...hehe

#16 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 18,759 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 04:27 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by starchild
              haha...then that must mean you are prepared! I went through something similar. In fact, when I was new I posted a thread asking if anyone else was not stressed out, because I read so many threads where brides where stressing about decor & details. To my surprise I got a lot of responses from people who also were pretty much done with the big stuff and letting the other pieces fall where they may.

You're doing yourself a huge favor by not over-thinking things because I think most of us married gals will tell you that the details aren't what you leave thinking about in the end. Good for you!!!

As for the nerves...I suggest meditation and alcohol...hehe
              I think that's why we start so many "who else has x months to go" threads. It doesn't seem right that it can be so easy. An no one is going to start a thread saying "I have nothing to worry about!" You only read about the worries. So it does feel odd to not have any problems.

#17 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
              • VIP Member
              • 3,160 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 04:32 PM

I hear ya. You have been non-stop for months now with planning and making sure everything is perfect, and now that you're caught up and basically DONE and you feel like "Wait, I ca't be done yet..." LOL But I think it's great your pretty much done. Now you should relax and enjoy!

#18 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                • 26,161 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 04:36 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Morgan
                  I think that's why we start so many "who else has x months to go" threads. It doesn't seem right that it can be so easy. An no one is going to start a thread saying "I have nothing to worry about!" You only read about the worries. So it does feel odd to not have any problems.
                  Good point. I assure you all that it can be done without worry and stress if you let it. Even with obstacles, it's all how you approach them. When your wedding becomes an "event" in your mind, that's when small things become major issues. My advice is to try to think of it as you marrying the person you love, and everything else is extra :P

Happy, fun, and relaxing planning wishes to everyone :o)

#19 Lorilou

Lorilou
                  • 533 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 04:38 PM

Carly, I'm jealous. We are getting married the same day. I'm almost there just waiting on things and still need to write my vows, do the rehearsal dinner slideshow and get shoes. Waiting on getting this back from our designers like menus, programs, etc. other than that, i'm sort of on top of it. just need to get those few big things done.

#20 Leia78

Leia78
                    • VIP Member
                    • 2,459 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 04:49 PM

That's so great Carly. I hope I feel the same as you when I'm that close!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users