• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 9,504 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 01:22 PM

I would at least pay the deposits and wait for the balance. I went ahead and paid my resort off, so now as checks come in, I get re-imbursed from the travel agent. This way, we'll have a "cushion" right before we leave.

I was worried about spending the money on stuff I really didn't need. I also wanted to have a realistic idea of what our budget would be for our AHR. Though is was nice to have a balance with that many zeros! I don't think it will ever happen again! LOL

#12 Spazz

Spazz
    • VIP Member
    • 10,482 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 01:27 PM

I got antsy waiting to pay mine too. I could have paid it off months ago, but have been holding off on it so it can earn interest. I have my entire wedding fund in an ING account, so the longer it sits there, the more money I earn. Our last payment is due April 1 and I am sending it in this week.

#13 BarefootBride

BarefootBride
      • 1,266 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 09:48 PM

Im paying mine off before hand too! It feels so much better!

#14 BarefootBride

BarefootBride
        • 1,266 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 09:51 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Lizz
          I got antsy waiting to pay mine too. I could have paid it off months ago, but have been holding off on it so it can earn interest. I have my entire wedding fund in an ING account, so the longer it sits there, the more money I earn. Our last payment is due April 1 and I am sending it in this week.
          I had an ING account too... It took over Netbank and gave me this great interst rate and then I tried to log on and had to call customer service and they told me that I couldnt have an account if I am overseas! (you have to have a real home phone number - skype wouldnt work) that was crock! Anyways, I feel pretty sad because they pretty much dont support Americans overseas or better yet the military and government workers!

#15 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 10:20 PM

even the high interest accounts are fairly low right now (~3%) with all the recent fed fund rate cuts. If you think you will spend it if you don't pay the deposit now,go ahead & pay.

#16 -Kate-

-Kate-
            • VIP Member
            • 7,676 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 10:25 PM

I'm like you - if it's there I'll spend it. I paid off tangibles asap - my dress, OOT bag stuff, etc. I paid the deposit for services asap but held off final payment until I got to Mexico.

#17 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
              • 4,881 posts
              • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
              • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
              • LocationNew York

Posted 25 March 2008 - 04:07 PM

I just checked bankrate.com, and the best 3-month CD offered right now is at GMAC bank in PA. It earns 3.44% APR, 3.5% APY. So, let's say you put $10,000 in, you'll earn about $87 in interest between now and 3 months from now. Not that much, really. Seems to me if you're afraid you're going to spend it, just prepay your balances.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#18 Alyssa

Alyssa
              • 11,793 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 10:33 PM

wow girls things happen for a reason - i am so glad i DID NOT send in any advance deposits - check out this thread http://bestdestinati....979#post314855

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users