Photo

Another Maui bride here!

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 azhuskergirl

azhuskergirl
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 08:32 PM

I was recommended to stop on by here & say hello. My fiance & I are getting "maui'd" near Kapalua Bay in August & are very excited. There will probably be 20-25 people in attendance & it won't be a very formal affair...we're having our "reception" at a public luau later that evening.

We're getting married in the morning (we chatted with our wedding planner & she suggested the am if we want that really tropical turquoise blue water in the pictures). We're using A Paradise Dream Wedding as our planning company (Gorgon Nash Photography). Anyone else using them?

#2 Alyssa

Alyssa
    • 11,793 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 08:38 PM

Welcome and Congrats! I am also getting married in Hawaii, but on Molokai!

#3 azhuskergirl

azhuskergirl
      • 1,131 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 08:45 PM

Alyssa- I'll be thinking of you while we're honeymooning on Oahu on your big day!!!!

#4 Alyssa

Alyssa
        • 11,793 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 08:47 PM

how fun! :)

are all of your guests staying at the same resort?

#5 Chiquita

Chiquita
          • 2,674 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 09:04 PM

Oh welcome! I'm a Maui bride as well, but not til november.. we are getting married in Wailea! :)

#6 Nic Dragomire

Nic Dragomire
            • 530 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 09:07 PM

I <3 Maui. I've been there 3 times and want to go back.

#7 Sherry

Sherry
              • 390 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 11:07 PM

Welcome and congratulations! I hear Kapalua is beautiful. I'm getting married on Maui too, in Wailea at the beginning of October. I think you'll really like this forum.

#8 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 9,504 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 11:30 PM

Welcome to the forum!

#9 azhuskergirl

azhuskergirl
                  • 1,131 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 10:01 AM

Thanks for all the love ladies.

Most of my guests are staying at the same hotel as us. We reserved a block of rooms at both a condo property (for those who wanted a little less expensive option) as well as a hotel property. We're staying at an older (less commercial) property...The Ka'anapali Beach Hotel, but it's very Hawaiian (they teach hula & lei making classes everyday). I thought my guests who have never been to the islands would really enjoy it.

Wailea is gorgeous. We wanted to get married on that side of the island, but the beach we were looking at getting married on could not accommodate the number of guests we were having (bummer).

I do have a silly question (and if it's addressed elsewhere I do apologize). I love the wedding logos that you ladies have created. How did you do that? What software? Our computer is pretty basic. I've been inspored by you ladies & your creativity & now we want a logo to use with our OOT bags.

#10 melglnh2o

melglnh2o
                    • 1,016 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 10:06 AM

Hello and welcome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users