Sign in to follow this  
JennyK

Flower girl question

My niece and my nephew are going to be my flower girl & ring bearer. I want to also make my young cousin a part of my wedding. By the time I get married, she'll be almost 9 yrs old. Do you think that's too old for a flower girl but too young to be a junior bridesmaid? I don't know what to do.. I'd want to put her in a flower girl dress, but I don't want her to look like a baby. What should I do?

I was a flower girl when I was 10:)

I think a flower girl dress is appropriate for a 9 year old. what does it look like?

I think that is a great age. I've seen so many weddings where the little kids freak out! I'm sure your niece will be happy to get a pretty dress and be included, regardless of what her title is.

My future step daughter will be ten and a junior bridesmaid. She is super excited not to be a flower girl.

I think no matter where you put her she will be totally excited and nobody is going to care.

I was having the same question with my step daughter...and I decided to go ahead and just talk to her about it and see what part she wants to play! Of course, her first answer was 'whatever means I don't have to do a lot of work!' hahahaha But she's going to be a Jr Bridesmaid, but walk down the aisle with my 2 nephew ring barrers!

Why don't you ask her what she would prefer to be? That way she will feel part of the decision process. Like someone else mentioned you could still have her walk down with the kids so they don't get scared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat81 View Post
I think no matter where you put her she will be totally excited and nobody is going to care.
Yep, that's the truth!

Just put her in a sundress, it doesn't have to be a "traditional" formal flower girl dress..afterall your DW is not traditional, right? Have fun shopping :)