Photo

Flower girl question

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 JennyK

JennyK
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 04:16 PM

My niece and my nephew are going to be my flower girl & ring bearer. I want to also make my young cousin a part of my wedding. By the time I get married, she'll be almost 9 yrs old. Do you think that's too old for a flower girl but too young to be a junior bridesmaid? I don't know what to do.. I'd want to put her in a flower girl dress, but I don't want her to look like a baby. What should I do?

#2 sunnydaes

sunnydaes
    • 684 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 04:55 PM

I was a flower girl when I was 10:)
      I think a flower girl dress is appropriate for a 9 year old. what does it look like?

#3 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 9,504 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 05:02 PM

I think that is a great age. I've seen so many weddings where the little kids freak out! I'm sure your niece will be happy to get a pretty dress and be included, regardless of what her title is.

#4 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
        • 1,830 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 05:10 PM

My Goddaughter is also 9 and she's going to our Junior Bridesmaid....I read somewhere that the Junior BM start at age 9. I read it on this site and a couple others:
          age for junior bridesmaid?

#5 Yari

Yari
          • VIP Member
          • 10,928 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 10:44 PM

My future step daughter will be ten and a junior bridesmaid. She is super excited not to be a flower girl.

#6 Kat81

Kat81
            • VIP Member
            • 7,615 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 10:46 PM

I think no matter where you put her she will be totally excited and nobody is going to care.

#7 Aimless911

Aimless911
              • 391 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 11:33 PM

I was having the same question with my step daughter...and I decided to go ahead and just talk to her about it and see what part she wants to play! Of course, her first answer was 'whatever means I don't have to do a lot of work!' hahahaha But she's going to be a Jr Bridesmaid, but walk down the aisle with my 2 nephew ring barrers!

#8 beachbride08

beachbride08
                • VIP Member
                • 2,372 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 08:48 AM

Why don't you ask her what she would prefer to be? That way she will feel part of the decision process. Like someone else mentioned you could still have her walk down with the kids so they don't get scared.
                  Michelle

#9 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
                  • 1,881 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 05:00 PM

I think Jr Bridesmaid is appropriate for 9 years old. She's going to be so excited to be a part of the wedding!!!
                    http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
                    February 14, 2009

#10 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
                    • 26,161 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 05:11 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Kat81
                      I think no matter where you put her she will be totally excited and nobody is going to care.
                      Yep, that's the truth!

Just put her in a sundress, it doesn't have to be a "traditional" formal flower girl dress..afterall your DW is not traditional, right? Have fun shopping :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users