Sign in to follow this  
megansg

Creative proposal :)

yay scrabble brides!! :)

we planned on playing that night after dinner. i was doing the dishes and yelled out to him to get the game all set up while i finished up. when i finished the dishes, the game was still in the box, and he was standing in the middle of the living room watching the phillies game. so of course i get all mad like, "all i asked was that you set up the game while i did the dishes and you couldn't even do that!?!?!" so all in a huff, i ripped open the game box to find the words "lisa will you marry me" spelled out on the board.

Click the image to open in full size.

i thought to myself, "haha very funny" until i realized he might actually be for real, so i whipped around and said "are you serious?!?!?" at which he got on one knee and whipped out my e-ring. i got down there and hugged him and cried (and cried and cried) and kept saying "it's so pretty" until he finally said, "um ... you still haven't said yes ..." hahaha

obviously i said yes, and the rest is history. here i am on bdw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by megansg View Post
I picked and played first (aioli, hard to do better with all vowels!)
wow! that IS good for having so many vowels! haha

off topic but NYjen, i like the wording in your invites ... "to find out how this story continues" ... usually those types say "find out how the story ENDS" which is IMO totally inappropriate, ya know?! kudos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummergirl View Post
yay scrabble brides!! :)

we planned on playing that night after dinner. i was doing the dishes and yelled out to him to get the game all set up while i finished up. when i finished the dishes, the game was still in the box, and he was standing in the middle of the living room watching the phillies game. so of course i get all mad like, "all i asked was that you set up the game while i did the dishes and you couldn't even do that!?!?!" so all in a huff, i ripped open the game box to find the words "lisa will you marry me" spelled out on the board.

Click the image to open in full size.

i thought to myself, "haha very funny" until i realized he might actually be for real, so i whipped around and said "are you serious?!?!?" at which he got on one knee and whipped out my e-ring. i got down there and hugged him and cried (and cried and cried) and kept saying "it's so pretty" until he finally said, "um ... you still haven't said yes ..." hahaha

obviously i said yes, and the rest is history. here i am on bdw!
Aww, that is so awesome!