Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JENDHILL

Ceremony Music

Recommended Posts

I am using Trio Gutarists for the cermony and cocktail hour. Then switching to a DJ for dinner and reception. I booked my Trio through Maye and I am paying $540 for two hours.

 

She said they will play "romantic mexican music" as I walk down the aisle. I love that. I think it will be a nice change to traditional American music.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're doing the same thing. Definitely a bit nervous, but it's just b/c it's not what we're used to. I let it go a couple of months ago and just realized that that's what we have to do. :) Coca has to pay the vendors after they are done, so the "2 days" gives her the time to divvey up the money and disperse it among them. That's what she communicated to me anyway. I tend to trust her.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KARLA View Post
Oh good, I was starting to get worried about the price difference. I talked to my parents yesterday and they are going to try to get that $400 down if possible.

 

One question, are you having to pay for the full coordination fee at least 2 days before the wedding date? My parents already discussed this with Coca, but they are still a bit bothered that they have to pay before services are completed, even though this seems to be the standard with coordination. Also, the fact that they have to pay in cash or traveler's checks. Any input on this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi-- i was thinking of also using a cd -- but then how is the cd played. do you need to hire the DJ for that hour and have him play it on his equipment. we are having our ceremony at the gazebo at the dreams and then taking the reception inside, so i was afraid he would have to set up twice??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by JENDHILL View Post
We're doing the same thing. Definitely a bit nervous, but it's just b/c it's not what we're used to. I let it go a couple of months ago and just realized that that's what we have to do. :) Coca has to pay the vendors after they are done, so the "2 days" gives her the time to divvey up the money and disperse it among them. That's what she communicated to me anyway. I tend to trust her.
We got the SAME exact explanation for the need to have the payment before the wedding. At least it is consistent. If ANYTHING goes wrong with this, I will let you know! I will probably be back in the U.S. before you leave for Cabo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Karla-

Now that we are getting ready to send in money for our deposit, my parents are also VERY skeptical about paying for everything 2 days in advance. (not just the coordination fee, but everything) There is just no guarantee. I'm about to just let it go though. I can't seem to get through. Anyone else out there have to pay 100% of the wedding upfronthuh.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KARLA View Post
We got the SAME exact explanation for the need to have the payment before the wedding. At least it is consistent. If ANYTHING goes wrong with this, I will let you know! I will probably be back in the U.S. before you leave for Cabo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by JENDHILL View Post
Hi Karla-
Now that we are getting ready to send in money for our deposit, my parents are also VERY skeptical about paying for everything 2 days in advance. (not just the coordination fee, but everything) There is just no guarantee. I'm about to just let it go though. I can't seem to get through. Anyone else out there have to pay 100% of the wedding upfronthuh.gif
Yeah, I think my parents were letting it go after they talked to Coca, but now they are getting a bit worried about handing over the cash...

I posted this question in the Yahoo Cabo forum when we first got the contract from Coca. It seems to be pretty standard. All the responses I received from those girls getting married in Cabo told me that it was what they had to do with all the companies. I never posted in this forum though, anybody else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by KARLA View Post
But is the rest due before your wedding or right after? We are not paying the total until we are in Cabo also, but it is due 2 days prior to the wedding. (We will be in Cabo 3 days before the wedding).
Karla- My WC says the final payment is due before the wedding when we arrive in Cabo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOESNTHESND View Post
Karla- My WC says the final payment is due before the wedding when we arrive in Cabo.
Thank you! Yes, it seems to be the standard.
I just think it's a bit weird.
My parents are talking to the wedding planner today. I'll let you guys know if we find out anything different...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • The cooking method can double the calorie content of a meal, so learn about healthy cooking without having to add extra fats, like using a steamer,  a rotisserie , a slow cooker , a pressure cooker, a grill. Once you cook your own meals, you can control the calorie content because your control the cooking method and all the ingredients. A lot of people are overweight because they keep eating food that they did not cook.
    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
  • Topics

×