Sign in to follow this  
JENDHILL

Ceremony Music

This topic may have already been discussed, but I'm having a hard time navigating the new site and can't find it anywhere:

What is everyone doing for their ceremony music? I have considered just using a CD of music, but I fear that may be a little cheesey. Our other option would be to use a classical trio, but my fear is that they would have no idea what they're doing. I'm torn. We're having a wedding for 65 on the beach. Thanks!

Hey Jen, We are having a single classical guitarist. (Well, as long as he shows up! For some reason, I have my doubts...) I think live music is always a treat and that the trio would sound great. However, I think that if you are trying to save a little money, a CD would be just fine. Just be careful about which music you choose -- perhaps something instrumental, not like a pop song or anything.

The other thing to consider is how close your ceremony will be to the water/waves. If it is pretty close, any music might get drowned out anyway, so don't spend a fortune on it. If you are set back off the beach a little, it would be great. Why do you think a trio would not know what ot do? As long as they play appropriate songs I wouldn't worry...

jen, i had our mariachi band play tranditional wedding music when i walked down the aisle...then when we were announced as husband/wife...they stayed most of the cocktail hour and played as well

I'm having the Trio play during the ceremony. I really liked the idea of classical music played during the walking down the isle, etc...

I had my doubts about the Trio also. I had really bad images in my mind of off-key music playing while I walked down the isle, and asked Coca about it. She said that the Trio is very good, and that they play in many weddings. When I needed to pick songs for the Trio to play, I asked which songs they would know. Coca said said that pretty much they know everything, rarely did they NOT know a song that a bride has requested. If they are that knowledgable with the songs, I would think that they are very experienced.

I hope this helps.

using my ipod- i really like how i am in control of the music- dont want any "who let the dogs out" during the reception!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHPT View Post
using my ipod- i really like how i am in control of the music- dont want any "who let the dogs out" during the reception!
i don't know why, but i love that song....i sing it to my cats but change "dogs" to "cats" and meow to them...they think i am insane

we used a cd for all of our wedding music. we had 5 or 6 different songs. I made a list of what songs needed to be played during each part of the wedding, i.e. when the guests were walking out, mark with his mom, me with my dad, unity candle, etc... it worked out perfect. no mistakes and everything was right on time....

we are having our good friend who is a very talented classical guitarist play. I am actually really excited about it. He plays a lot of weddings, and he approached us about wanting to play.