Photo

Ceremony Music

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 JENDHILL

JENDHILL
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 11:40 AM

This topic may have already been discussed, but I'm having a hard time navigating the new site and can't find it anywhere:
    What is everyone doing for their ceremony music? I have considered just using a CD of music, but I fear that may be a little cheesey. Our other option would be to use a classical trio, but my fear is that they would have no idea what they're doing. I'm torn. We're having a wedding for 65 on the beach. Thanks!

#2 Janet

Janet
    • VIP Member
    • 7,459 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 12:00 PM

Hey Jen, We are having a single classical guitarist. (Well, as long as he shows up! For some reason, I have my doubts...) I think live music is always a treat and that the trio would sound great. However, I think that if you are trying to save a little money, a CD would be just fine. Just be careful about which music you choose -- perhaps something instrumental, not like a pop song or anything.

The other thing to consider is how close your ceremony will be to the water/waves. If it is pretty close, any music might get drowned out anyway, so don't spend a fortune on it. If you are set back off the beach a little, it would be great. Why do you think a trio would not know what ot do? As long as they play appropriate songs I wouldn't worry...

#3 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 15 September 2006 - 12:14 PM

jen, i had our mariachi band play tranditional wedding music when i walked down the aisle...then when we were announced as husband/wife...they stayed most of the cocktail hour and played as well

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#4 KARLA

KARLA
      • 373 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 12:36 PM

I'm having the Trio play during the ceremony. I really liked the idea of classical music played during the walking down the isle, etc...

I had my doubts about the Trio also. I had really bad images in my mind of off-key music playing while I walked down the isle, and asked Coca about it. She said that the Trio is very good, and that they play in many weddings. When I needed to pick songs for the Trio to play, I asked which songs they would know. Coca said said that pretty much they know everything, rarely did they NOT know a song that a bride has requested. If they are that knowledgable with the songs, I would think that they are very experienced.

I hope this helps.

#5 NHPT

NHPT
        • 3,848 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 06:23 PM

using my ipod- i really like how i am in control of the music- dont want any "who let the dogs out" during the reception!
          Destination Wedding Cabo San Lucas (3-29-07) Proud Momma to Avery (3-21-08) and Gracyn (10-12-10)

#6 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 15 September 2006 - 09:40 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by NHPT
          using my ipod- i really like how i am in control of the music- dont want any "who let the dogs out" during the reception!
          i don't know why, but i love that song....i sing it to my cats but change "dogs" to "cats" and meow to them...they think i am insane

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#7 MARKSBRAT

MARKSBRAT
          • 34 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 07:57 AM

we used a cd for all of our wedding music. we had 5 or 6 different songs. I made a list of what songs needed to be played during each part of the wedding, i.e. when the guests were walking out, mark with his mom, me with my dad, unity candle, etc... it worked out perfect. no mistakes and everything was right on time....

#8 LIZAGEHL

LIZAGEHL
            • 35 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 12:41 PM

Does anyone have a appox. cost for a wedding trio. I am having a beach wedding also, and love the idea of classical music.

#9 KARLA

KARLA
              • 373 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 04:09 PM

I was quoted $350 per hour for the Trio.

#10 NABUMBAH

NABUMBAH
                • VIP Member
                • 931 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 06:49 PM

we are having our good friend who is a very talented classical guitarist play. I am actually really excited about it. He plays a lot of weddings, and he approached us about wanting to play.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users