• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 debbie421

debbie421
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 05:10 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by San Fran Sarah
    Maroma (orient express) is a BEAUTIFUL tropical hotel. They have one of the most beautiful and private beaches in the area. The hotel is luxurious (albeit a bit pretentious) and has amazing food. The downside is that they require 80% of your guests to stay for 3-5 nights. It's a 4 night requirement arriving on wednesday and 5 nights arriving on thursday or friday. The rates start at 350 so it may be alot to ask of your guests depending on their financial situations.
    Dang it! I was looking at Maroma, but I know the majority of my guests couldn't stay there. Oh well.

#12 Kits55

Kits55
    • 607 posts
    • Wedding Location:Secrets Maroma Beach
    • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 21 July 2008 - 10:18 PM

Matt and Elizabeth, thank you for the gorgeous pictures. That's my number one thing for my wedding, amazing photos and an amazing resort! I'll have to check into the room rates thing too.

#13 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
    • Vendor
    • 1,243 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 10:21 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Kits55
      Matt and Elizabeth, thank you for the gorgeous pictures. That's my number one thing for my wedding, amazing photos and an amazing resort! I'll have to check into the room rates thing too.
      de nada :) That hotel ROCKS! Sol is shooting her first Maroma gig this Saturday, can't wait to see those. Hopefully, she will find some time to add a few images here.

Cheers!

matt

#14 MsSunshine

MsSunshine
      • 415 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 08:39 PM

That hotel looks amazing! Too bad it's not a kid friendly place because I would've booked that place. Maroma beach is gorgeous!

#15 Kits55

Kits55
        • 607 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 11:27 PM

Does anyone know if there are any other resorts on this stretch of Maroma Beach? I think that maybe Secrets Maroma is also on this stretch of beach but am uncertain. I know that no matter where i stay here it will be more expensive than a more densely populated area but even if i could stay a little ways away and "wander" onto the beach that would make my year! :)

#16 MsSunshine

MsSunshine
        • 415 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 10:09 AM

Yes Secrets Maroma is on this beach. You can also check out Catalonia Playa Maroma and El Dorado Maroma Resort. I wasn't sure if you were looking for adults only or kid friendly resorts.

#17 Kits55

Kits55
          • 607 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 12:11 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by MsSunshine
          Yes Secrets Maroma is on this beach. You can also check out Catalonia Playa Maroma and El Dorado Maroma Resort. I wasn't sure if you were looking for adults only or kid friendly resorts.
          Thanks msSunshine! That helps a lot. i've looked at EDM and i didn't really like it that much. I will take a look at Catalonia. I do prefer adults only but am not totally set in that pick. I have also found Secrets Maroma which opens in just a couple weeks and i think that is my top pick so far of what i know of it. :)

#18 livinlife

livinlife
          • 12 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:02 PM

Does anyone know how the prices for El Dorado Maroma compare to El dorado Seaside Is it about the same??/ Really like the look of it!

#19 yakutis

yakutis
            • 10 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 09:00 AM

Hi. I'd love to see more pics from this wedding if you have them. Your work is amazing. I am looking at El Dorado Maroma and was going to ask them if you can have the ceremony on that pier. Thanks, Kristen

#20 ylan9383

ylan9383
              • 188 posts
              • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014
              • Wedding Location:Playacar Palace, Playa del Carmen, Mexico
              • LocationChicago

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:49 PM

Catalonia Privilaged Maroma was amazing.  Very low key.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users