Photo

Invitation Wording for Divorced Parents?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 kr3611

kr3611
  • 127 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:03 PM

Anyone have any suggestions? My dad is helping us out financially - my mom has absolutely no money and they're not on the best of terms. Should we word the invites not to include parents at all? I don't want my dad to feel slighted but I am afraid that mentioning him would hurt my mom...

#2 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:54 PM

I just went with "together with out parents name & name would like to ..."

I talked to our parents before & asked if that was fine to leave their names off the invites. I gets so tricky with divorced parents.

#3 JessicaM

JessicaM
      • Vendor
      • 1,969 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 01:53 AM

I did Mr. & Ms. Last name and left it like that since both are helping with the wedding.

#4 Pisces

Pisces
        • 255 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 02:00 AM

Both our parents are divorced.. and all have individually helped us out financially. I think we are going to go with "together with their parents"
          I worded the announcements with my parents names too close together and they had issues with it. I want to be respectful, but I think divorced parents also need to just suck it up a little. I would probably ask my parents what they wanted if you're not sure. I actually did ask them and they didn't know how I should word it, so we picked what I thought was respectful and they still had issue. You can't always win.
          Colin in I in 2005 when we fell in love with Maui!

#5 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 5,752 posts
          • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 23 March 2008 - 09:55 PM

my parents are not financially helping at all, and i have no relationship with my mom. my FI's generous parents are paying for everything, but its tradition in mexico to but both sets of parents names on the invitation, no matter who is paying. so our invitations in spanish say his parents' names and my dad and stepmom's names. our invites in english are going to people in my mom's side of the family, and for that reason, we decided to use "together with their parents"

#6 kr3611

kr3611
          • 127 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 12:45 AM

Thanks for the help!

#7 Dominican Ally

Dominican Ally
            • 400 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:11 PM

Thanks for this thread - gotta love divorce and family drama when planning a wedding...such fun!

Can't wait to marry my best friend on April 11, 2013!

49 Guests booked, and counting...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users