Photo

Bring own Dj, Resort Dj or Ipod???

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 nettyboop11

nettyboop11
  • 37 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 03:28 PM

Anyone have any takes on this? The Riu Ocho Rios rate for dj rental is $150.00 per hour. You have the option to bring your own, but of course you hear the rage about bringing your ipod and speakers. HELP

#2 MissyR

MissyR
    • 1,210 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 03:29 PM

Did you do a search? There are a number of threads on here - trying searching IPOD or DJ!

#3 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 5,752 posts
      • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 21 March 2008 - 03:32 PM

$150/hour? thats decently cheap. have you figured with them what the cost would be for renting speakers to hook up your ipod? it might be worth the money and hassle to just pay a DJ to do it because sometimes the speaker set up is really expensive.

#4 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
      • 1,830 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 03:33 PM

There are a few threads on this already, that will help you make your decision. I personally dont want to bother with an IPOD (batteries die, IPOD freeze up, who will manage the IPOD to change the music, etc). To me, there are two things that I dont mind paying a little extra for and thats great photos and great music. I can cut back on other things but not on that those 2 things. We are planning to bring someone with us from NY, we'll pay for his accomodations and in turn he wil play music for that wknd.

#5 nettyboop11

nettyboop11
        • 37 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 03:47 PM

No, totally new to the site. Will do! Thanks so much!

#6 nettyboop11

nettyboop11
          • 37 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 03:50 PM

Thanks for all the feedback. I'm going to search the threads using some keywords. I agree price not that bad and for the peace of mind most definately worth it!

#7 tlomlad

tlomlad
            • Banned
            • 1,949 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 03:51 PM

while we were down at dreams, cancun we saw a dj at a wedding and opted to just use our ipod, we will get all the songs we want [and the versions we want] for cheaper... why not?

#8 lovefreddy

lovefreddy
              • 148 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 04:06 PM

I have gone back and forth with this as well the entire time. I have put all the music I want, but still using the resort DJ (1300.00). Music is really important to us, so the dj is just going to attach his equipment to my computer. I read a ton on here and on the knot, and I decided the less I had to worry about the better. Best of luck!!
                *REMOVED DUE TO EXCESSIVE SIZE*

#9 Pisces

Pisces
                • 255 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 04:09 PM

We're paying $950.00 for three hours. My fiance thinks it's insane (which it kind of is) but we don't have any other music options, so it's either that or nothing. I'm not willing to have no music, so he had to give in! haha
                  Anyhow, $150 per hour is a very good price IMO if it includes set-up and all the equipment.
                  Colin in I in 2005 when we fell in love with Maui!

#10 Pisces

Pisces
                  • 255 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 04:11 PM

I should add, I have been to iPod weddings before, and some have been fantastic, while others have been really bad. It was totally because of the room & speaker set-up at each as to whether or not it worked. You have to be in the right room for the music to travel properly. At one wedding you could barely hear the music, and there was literally NO one except the few little kids on the dance floor the entire night. I'm sure it was a disappointment to the bride & groom.
                    Colin in I in 2005 when we fell in love with Maui!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users