Professional Photographers allowed to photograph on AI's

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 salsa_groom

salsa_groom
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 07:39 PM

Hi everyone,

My fiance and I are still trying to pick a resort we would like have our wedding at. One of my concerns is I really would prefer to have an outside photographer take our photos someone like Juan Carlo Tapia, do AI's allow you to bring your own professional photograoher to take pictures or do you have to use the hotel provided photographer?

Thanks for reading my ramble...

#2 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
    • 5,248 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 07:42 PM

I am having my wedding at Dreams in cabo (an AI) and I am using Juan Carlos. I haven't even checked to see if this is a problem but so many girls on this board had their weddings at Dream and used Juan Carlos so I can't imagine that it would be. I am not sure about the other resorts though. Sorry if this isn't of any help to you.

-Glenda

#3 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 11 January 2007 - 07:45 PM

cabo resorts are more open to allowing outside vendors. some of the stricter resorts will have a preferred vendor list.

Riviera maya is alot stricter about this.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#4 jthrasher

jthrasher
      • Banned
      • 486 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 07:56 PM

Even though some resorts have rules, don't they still allow outside photographers as long as they are guests at the resort?

#5 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
        • 5,248 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 08:00 PM

Yes as long as they are guests then they are allowed. But most couples are on a tight budget and are less likely to want to pay for a photog to be a guest. Unless of course they are a fabulous photog like you, then it is so worth it!

-Glenda

#6 jthrasher

jthrasher
          • Banned
          • 486 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 08:07 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Nrvsbride
            Yes as long as they are guests then they are allowed. But most couples are on a tight budget and are less likely to want to pay for a photog to be a guest. Unless of course they are a fabulous photog like you, then it is so worth it!

-Glenda

lol thanks. :-D

I would assume though that if a couple is flying a photog in that they would be expected to put them up as well. That's what my clients do unless of course we have some other arrangement. If you think about it though, when you're already paying $xxxx for a photographer, it's not that much more to put him/her up for a couple nights.

#7 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 24,768 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 09:53 PM

I haven't specifically checked with Dreams PV - but hopefully my photog (Leigh Miller) stays there as well, so it won't be an issue. Maybe I should check now ... or does anyone know for sure about Dreams PV?

#8 *JillD*

*JillD*
              • 5,112 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 10:15 PM

I checked with dreams cancun and I think the photographer was the only vendor I could bring besides the ones they had, but maybe they meant if they were a guest at the hotel. I'm not sure, it was kind of difficult to understand. However, I'm just going to do the package, because it will be so much easier, it includes most everything, and that's what I want, simple.

#9 Christine

Christine
                • VIP Member
                • 21,514 posts
                • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
                • Wedding Location:Napa, California
                • LocationReno, NV

Posted 11 January 2007 - 10:19 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Nrvsbride
                I am having my wedding at Dreams in cabo (an AI) and I am using Juan Carlos. I haven't even checked to see if this is a problem but so many girls on this board had their weddings at Dream and used Juan Carlos so I can't imagine that it would be. I am not sure about the other resorts though. Sorry if this isn't of any help to you.

-Glenda
                GLENDA YOU SET A DATE!!!!

Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#10 leigh miller

leigh miller
                • 936 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 01:29 AM

when i shot a wedding in RM at el dorado royale last year it wasnt a problem. i was on the list as a guest.

however i have a french couple getting married there this year and they were leaned on pretty heavily to hire the resort photog. they told the resort they had a friend who was coming who was going to take some pics and they didnt need their photographer. once again im on the list as a guest. they never really talked about bringing in an outside professional as when the told the resort their friend was doing it they stopped pressuring them and they didnt have to discuss it any further.

my only wedding in cabo was at a villa so no problems there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users