Photo

Bridal shower ideas - pics

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 h&a

h&a
  • 321 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 12:28 PM

Thanks for sharing! Great ideas and so sweet of your SIL!

#12 Spazz

Spazz
    • VIP Member
    • 10,482 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 12:32 PM

My sister did a recipe box for me as well, I think it's a great idea.

Another thing I've done in the past as a BM that I think is good is buying the bride her TY notes and giving them to her with the addresses of the shower guests already written on the envelopes. It makes it soooo much easier to do TY notes when the cards are all ready to go.

#13 melglnh2o

melglnh2o
      • 1,016 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 02:07 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Lizz
        My sister did a recipe box for me as well, I think it's a great idea.

Another thing I've done in the past as a BM that I think is good is buying the bride her TY notes and giving them to her with the addresses of the shower guests already written on the envelopes. It makes it soooo much easier to do TY notes when the cards are all ready to go.
        That IS a great idea to address the TY notes and would have been very helpful. Next time.

#14 Pisces

Pisces
        • 255 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 11:05 PM

Wow- all such great ideas! I'm hosting my best friend's bridal shower in June and this has totally helped me!! She will LOVE having all the TY notes addressed for her!
          Colin in I in 2005 when we fell in love with Maui!

#15 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 4,513 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 11:17 PM

What cute idea's! Thanks for sharing!

#16 dragonfly

dragonfly
            • 1,820 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 04:54 AM

i love the recipe idea, very cute:)

#17 Spazz

Spazz
              • VIP Member
              • 10,482 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 11:46 AM

Keep in mind, that I told my BMs that I wanted NO GAMES at my shower. Well, they completely ignored me...

They asked my FI 25 questions about himself, i.e. his first pet, his favorite color, etc. Then I had to answer the same questions. I only got like 8 right because Mike likes to joke around and had fun answering their questions...for example: "How old were you when you first kissed a girl?" and Mike answered "When I was 28" (because that's when we first kissed).

Also, my BMs had bridal shower bingo, which I don't like, but it does help some of the older people get involved and have fun.

And they had a "How Well Do You Know the Bride" game, where everyone had to answer questions about me (i.e. my dress size, my favorite movie, etc.) and the person that answered the most questions, got a prize.

#18 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 5,752 posts
                • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 25 March 2008 - 11:52 AM

liz, can you post your list of "how well do you know the bride" questions? that sounds cute :) my stepmom is looking for non-cheesy games for my shower in june haha

#19 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 9,504 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 11:56 AM

Oh come on Maura, you don't want a designer wedding dress made out of toilet paper

#20 Spazz

Spazz
                  • VIP Member
                  • 10,482 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 12:03 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Maura
                    liz, can you post your list of "how well do you know the bride" questions? that sounds cute :) my stepmom is looking for non-cheesy games for my shower in june haha
                    I just emailed my sister. If she has them saved on her computer and sends them to me, I'll definitely post them!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users