Photo

White veil with ivory dress?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 aeroo

aeroo
  • 153 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 02:28 AM

Do you think a white veil with an ivory dress would look 'off'? Problem is, I don't have my dress yet, so I can't really see how they go together. Since the veil material is so thin, do you think it will be that noticeable?

I might end up getting a diamond white veil, which is the colour between white and ivory. I just don't really like the ivory coloured veil for some reason and would like a bit of a whiter colour. But I don't want it to clash with my dress either. Wish my dress was in already!

#2 thomastaci22

thomastaci22
    • 98 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 07:05 AM

I would think you would want to have the same color veil as your dress. I think that even if the veil isn't PURE WHITE, you may still be able to notice...but that's just me :)

#3 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
      • 4,881 posts
      • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
      • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
      • LocationNew York

Posted 21 March 2008 - 08:06 AM

Can you take the veil to the store where you got your dress and see how they look? I can't imagine the store would care, especially given what you probably paid for it. That's what I did with my shoes...

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#4 Copita

Copita
      • 979 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 08:37 AM

I really think that white and ivory would look very different together. And for some reason I thought 'diamond white' meant stark white, but who knows.
        I say go ivory with ivory. You could always wait til you see your dress to compare. Or try some on at the bridal store you ordered from. They will prob be able to match the color to a tee.
        Good luck.

#5 ticia277

ticia277
        • 212 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 09:26 AM

You will be ablet to tell the difference between the two when they're next to each other. The best bet is to get a ivory veil, or even better wait until your dress comes in and then purchase the veil.
          Loving Married Life!

#6 lucy106

lucy106
          • 2,880 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 09:29 AM

Unfortunately I agree wikth the others. The white and ivory are probably going to clash. If you dont like the ivory veil at all is it a possibility not to do the veil or do you really want it? Just a thought.

#7 melglnh2o

melglnh2o
            • 1,016 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 09:29 AM

I also say get an ivory veil. When I was in recently for a fitting, I was trying on veils with my dress to see how they looked. I wanted a longer veil and they only had one in white and I tried it on with my ivory dress and there was definitely a difference.

#8 Celina

Celina
              • Banned
              • 2,811 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 09:30 AM

I agree with Ticia - go with ivory veil and ivory dress. It doesn't look right.

I tried on some white veils with my ivory dress and it didn't match well.
                "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#9 Sherry

Sherry
                • 390 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 10:41 AM

My dress is a very, very light pink, and I'm getting a white veil. I guess it's not quite the same situation though. I tried a white veil with an oyster coloured dress at one point, and it actually looked really nice. It was a very thin veil though, and they were going to match the ribbon on the edges with the dress colour, so it all tied together. Anyway, for what it's worth, I love my white veil and soft pink dress together.

#10 Yari

Yari
                  • VIP Member
                  • 10,928 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 11:56 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by lucy106
                    Unfortunately I agree wikth the others. The white and ivory are probably going to clash. If you dont like the ivory veil at all is it a possibility not to do the veil or do you really want it? Just a thought.
                    I agree, I think it will clash.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users