• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nde062010 View Post
loeloe92

Did you ever hear back about how many will fit at the gazebo ceremony?
I also emailed her but haven't gotten a reply...
There's some good information here capacity numbers for the gazebo and other places at Dreams PV.

Dreams Puerto Vallarta Hotel wedding packages - Our Dreams Puerto Vallarta Hotel wedding coordinators can plan your beach wedding at Dreams Puerto Vallarta

PLACE'S OPTION # 5: “Wedding Gazebo†Description: Gorgeous area for getting married just in a top beach and near of a small terrace for cocktails afterwards ( Las Palmas), located in the middle of the property with an excellent view. Capacity: 5 to 6 persons (the couple, the judge or minister and two witnesses). 20 persons in terrace.

It doesn't fit too many people, does it?! It'd be great for an intimate ceremony though.

• 2 years later...

Just a couple of notes ... I've lived here 7 years and we've never had a hurricane.  Not to say it doesn't happen - I do think there was one here in the late 80's/early 90's.  But, you know, it's not common like say in Cancun.

If I had to recommend my favorite time of year it would be between December 2-14.  We have a festival (festival de la virgin de guadalupe) that runs through that time period and they shut down one of the main streets downtown and it's very festive and fun - and different.  PLUS the weather is AWESOME.  

Months I would advise against at all costs would be July-September.  It will rain.  It will be hot.  And it will be humid.  In September you have the additional problem of finding vendors - many restaurants and stores close down in September because business is so slow and I know many coordinators who won't take weddings in September.  Including myself ;).

October is typically very hot and humid as all get-out.  And there's a good chance it will rain, although we've been lucky and it hasn't rained on one of our weddings yet (at least not the important parts ;).... 

November can be on the warm side, but way better than previous months.  This year it's been (in my opinion) slightly cold at night and in the mornings which means it's perfect during the day.

Absolute best time is Dec-April - perfect weather - beautiful.  Awesome.  ETc. ;)

May is one of the busiest months for weddings here in Vallarta.  It runs a little on the hot and humid side and slight chance of rain.  But, if you like the month of May, you want to book early because it fills up fast.

And that's my two pesos worth ;) ... I have no idea on the costs because I live here so I don't know how much hotels fluctuate in their prices.  But weather - well, that I know ;).

Great advice Mishka!

We picked Dec. 5 because of the weather and the travel price. Our range was actually really close to the 12/2-12/14 that Miska recommended. It is after Canadian/American Thanksgiving and before Christmas/New Years so the travel costs were very reasonable.

And of course the weather was just gorgeous!

Definitely agree with Mishka.  In the two years I lived in PV, it never rained once between November and May.  

December through February are definitely the coolest months.  But not in a bad way!  We're talking mid-80's for daytime highs, dry, sunny, and really pleasant.  If you don't want to sweat on your wedding day do it then!

May is definitely the busiest month for weddings.  Costs at hotels and clubs will be down for sure, and still in May there will only be a slight chance of rain.  Temperatures are definitely a little higher than the previous months, maybe high-80s to mid-90s, and a little more humid.  You will probably sweat in a wedding dress and definitely in a suit.

Like Mishka said, AVOID July-September AT ALL COSTS.  Unless you want a hot, humid, and rainy wedding day : )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

They usually choose an anniversary or a long weekend so guests can have a chance to make a vacation out of it. Puerto Vallarta is not only a place with natural wonders and spectacular breathtaking places, but it is also a destination with four well-defined seasons, for that same reason they should profit from each seasonâ€s advantages and include them into the planning, organization and operation of the event. You can go there on November for our site visit and the weather was warm but not too hot.