• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#11 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 24,768 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 09:53 PM

I think I used to get a quarter, and a pack of sugar-free gum!

#12 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
    • 1,830 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 10:05 PM

These are all great stories, LOL. I told my daughter I wasn't going to bother her tooth anymore but she insists on wiggling it herself so lets see what happens. That tooth fairy in Arizona must be loaded, leaving $10 for a tooth...I think I will leave her a dollar or two.

#13 dragonfly

dragonfly
      • 1,820 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 10:05 PM

I use to get a quarter also, no gum My oldest kids got a loonie and Tim got a toonie, that's what Liam will get also:)

#14 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
        • 1,830 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 10:06 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by AnnR
          I think I used to get a quarter, and a pack of sugar-free gum!
          LOL, sugar-free gum. thats too cute.

#15 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
          • 1,830 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 10:08 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by jilly76
            a couple of times I actually forgot to go into our daughters room after she fell asleep, she came in my room in the morning saying "mom, the tooth fairy never came" so I had to grab some money from my purse and run in there with her and say "lets search, maybe it fell behind the bed" and miraculously it would appear!
            That is too funny!!

#16 Helen_S81

Helen_S81
            • 985 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 10:13 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by LadyCheese
              These are all great stories, LOL. I told my daughter I wasn't going to bother her tooth anymore but she insists on wiggling it herself so lets see what happens. That tooth fairy in Arizona must be loaded, leaving $10 for a tooth...I think I will leave her a dollar or two.
              I guess my dad didn't quite know what to do so he left $10. My dad is quite different. He has never sent my kids gifts for birthdays or christmas, although he does send cards. But he used to have them come and visit him individually (when they were old enough to travel alone) and he'd really spoil them for a week.

#17 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
              • 1,830 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 10:19 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Helen_S81
                I guess my dad didn't quite know what to do so he left $10. My dad is quite different. He has never sent my kids gifts for birthdays or christmas, although he does send cards. But he used to have them come and visit him individually (when they were old enough to travel alone) and he'd really spoil them for a week.
                awww, they must love going to visit Grandpa!!

#18 Helen_S81

Helen_S81
                • 985 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 10:23 PM

Alas, things have changed. The granddaughters (all four of them, my 2 and my two nieces) have all grown up and he remarried four years ago, which changed things a bit. But they all have good memories of visiting G^Dad, the main one being that he didn't cook and that they ate out all week, and had ice cream twice a day, if they wanted.

#19 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
                  • 1,830 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 10:28 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Helen_S81
                    Alas, things have changed. The granddaughters (all four of them, my 2 and my two nieces) have all grown up and he remarried four years ago, which changed things a bit. But they all have good memories of visiting G^Dad, the main one being that he didn't cook and that they ate out all week, and had ice cream twice a day, if they wanted.
                    Oh I see...well at least they still have those nice memories...I never got ice cream twice a day, what a nice treat as a kid!!

#20 Yari

Yari
                    • VIP Member
                    • 10,928 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:10 PM

My future step daughter lost her tooth when my FI was out of town. I was so freaked out, cause I needed to leave the money under her pillow. I was scared that I would wake her up. I went into her room and I made an attempt to put the money and grab the tooth, she made a noise and I ran. I went downstairs said a prayer and then tried again. This time in one swoop I was able to get the tooth and leave the money. She stirred about, but I ran out...I am so silly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users