good vacation spot for seniors...

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 1elephant

1elephant
  • VIP Member
  • 15,998 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 08:18 PM

my parents and the rest of the 55+ crowd from our wedding want to go on an anniversary vacation...they're looking at all-inclusives in mexico or possibly caribbean, or even a cruise...BUT there are 12 of them, and they don't want to have to deal with being able to get dinner reservations 1x/week. at dreams, they had the ability to eat wherever, whenever. a big group would sometimes have to wait, but it was better than not being able to eat anywhere but the buffet.

any suggestions?? doesn't have to be a be a vacation spot designated for seniors, either...these kids know how to party

#2 Christine

Christine
    • VIP Member
    • 21,514 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
    • Wedding Location:Napa, California
    • LocationReno, NV

Posted 20 March 2008 - 08:22 PM

hmm I bet they would love a cruise, I have heard awesome things about Alaskan Cruises
    Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#3 1elephant

1elephant
    • VIP Member
    • 15,998 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 08:31 PM

i agree, i think it would be perfect - but i'm not sure if they'd be willing to spend the $...
      they make it difficult !

#4 Christine

Christine
      • VIP Member
      • 21,514 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
      • Wedding Location:Napa, California
      • LocationReno, NV

Posted 20 March 2008 - 08:33 PM

oh I think cruises are really affordable considering all you get on them, but if they want something that leaves from the east coast do a cruise through the caribbean or eastern mexico.
      Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#5 Yari

Yari
      • VIP Member
      • 10,928 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 12:29 AM

Cruises are great and you can find some good deals!

#6 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 21 March 2008 - 12:50 AM

what about dreams cabo?...short airfare, nice weather, flat so not many steps...lots of golfing...we took steves grandmother who is in her 80's and just had knee surgery.

or dreams cancun or tulum?

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#7 TA Dina

TA Dina
        • 181 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 07:29 PM

I do agree with everyone else who mentioned cruising (and not just b/c they're my specialty...wink wink). Something for all ages. Eat whenever and wherever you want. Do everything or do nothing at all, and still have a great time.

I see you're in NJ. Me too. We've got ships right up the turnpike in Bayonne, or over in Manhattan or Brooklyn. So no airfare involved which can be a plus for some.

#8 Alyssa

Alyssa
          • 11,793 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 07:32 PM

Lauren,
            TA Dina helped us with our honeymoon and our guests - she is closer to you in Hamilton.

#9 1elephant

1elephant
            • VIP Member
            • 15,998 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 07:35 PM

ok a cruise is out...one of the women won't do water (and she's afraid of bridges)

i did some research and came across secrets (also owned by dreams)...i think some of them won't want to do dreams b/c they've already done it...but different dreams, different experience!

#10 TA Dina

TA Dina
              • 181 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 07:38 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by lauren c.
                ok a cruise is out...one of the women won't do water (and she's afraid of bridges)

i did some research and came across secrets (also owned by dreams)...i think some of them won't want to do dreams b/c they've already done it...but different dreams, different experience!

Secrets is the adults only version. No kiddies running around.

I loved every Secrets I've ever been to. They all get good reviews.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users