Do certain songs take you somewhere?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 JennyK

• 3,502 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 07:59 PM

I was just listening to the song that was playing when I had my first kiss at 12! hehe It was "Masterpiece" by AtlanticStarr. I still get butterflies thinking about it and how innocent I was. Other songs that do this to me is "Fields of Gold" by Sting (reminds me of my hometown in Portugal.. we have those rolling hills that are fields of gold) and "Everything's Gonna Be Alright" by Sweetbox reminds me of a good friend of mine that passed away.. I played that song non-stop after he passed.

Do you have songs that put you somewhere and all of your memories come rushing in?

#2 Jessica

• VIP Member
    • 11,939 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 08:36 PM

The only song that really does that to me is "Soma" by Smashing Pumpkins. Reminds me of being 18 and my first love. Ahh, to be young and carefree again!

#3 texasex

• 79 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 08:54 PM

LOTS of songs do that for me. That whole feeling makes me think of that country song "The song remembers when". The song totally remembers..or makes you remember.

#4 DreaW

• Banned
        • 2,462 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 10:23 PM

the song from Boys II Men " End of the Road", I have the cd, every time I listen to it it reminds me of my very first dance with a boy a had a major crush on in Jr. High. He actually let me dance with him....I was in heaven. lol....how funny the memories.

#5 LadyCheese

• 1,830 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 10:26 PM

Yes I love that feeling of hearing a song and reminicing (sp?). "Fortunate" by Maxwell reminds me of when I 1st started dating FI back in '99. And theres another song that I cant remember the name of but it brings me back to my prom. ahhh memories

#6 chibi411

• 234 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:45 PM

with or without you by U2. reminds me of a guy i once dated and the friends episode when ross had it playing on the radio and rachel called in and they interrupted the song

#7 Yari

• VIP Member
              • 10,928 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:48 PM

Forever Young...oh the memories of High School Senior Year

#8 monicabrandon2008

• 794 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:52 PM

"Beautiful Night" by the Burden Brothers. When FI and I first met before he left for Iraq we would go out and blare this song as we were riding around singing it at the top of our lungs. That and "Beast of Burden" or "Under My Thumb" by the Rolling Stones.
                  ahhhhh the memories love em
                  HIGH FIVE, WE'RE MARRIED!!!

#9 angitalia23

• 1,029 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 06:46 PM

Tons of songs do this to me....one inparticular is an italian song, it seriously takes me to a happy happy place. My sister also played it at her wedding recently and It makes me think of her special day too!
                    Anthony & Angela
                    19 June 2008

#10 starchild

• Moderators
                    • 26,161 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 06:57 PM

Heck yeah! Every song reminds me of something...lol There are a bunch of songs that remind me of my best teenage summer ever (like that "come on ride the train" song lol) When my friends or I hear them we call each other...we're dorks :P

Also whenever I hear "I want to sex you up" by Color Me Bad it reminds me of junior high when I had a crush on this boy at school because this song was always on the radio then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users