Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
LCBride2007

Favorite Wii Games

Recommended Posts

i'm bringing this thread back to life, mainly because i want to hear about the new games since I am so out of touch! and we really need to bring the Wii back out - we haven't used it since Gwen was born.

 

but i also want to know who has the Wii Fit - I'm thinking of getting it but want to hear how ya'll like it (or don't).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the Wii Fit (and a billion other Wii games). I really like it for the games but I couldn't really work out on it. The yoga and strength are poses or exercises that you do one of then have to go back out and select another. For aerobics its not bad b/c you hulu hoop or do step for a while. I really like the balance games though, they are a ton of fun. Honestly a better workout is probably the kids game Outdoor Challenge, it has a pad like DDR but it's all running and jumping. My calves burn after playing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the Wii fit. Actually my MIL has a Wii next door and we use to play hers...then we bought our own. They actually don't use their Wii at all! I like how it keeps track of your loss and stuff. The games are actually fun. We also love Trivial Pursuit. Sounds boring but so not. We play it in french to make it harder. Amazing how much you actually know in French.

 

A one player game I like is Mario Galaxy. Very fun game. It has a second player but he doesn't do much. I also LOVE LOVE Zelda. Little harder but love it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i just got the sean white snowboarding game, and i play it with the wii fit balance board. it's AWESOME! very fun & almost feels like you're really snowboarding. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnR View Post
i'm bringing this thread back to life, mainly because i want to hear about the new games since I am so out of touch! and we really need to bring the Wii back out - we haven't used it since Gwen was born.

but i also want to know who has the Wii Fit - I'm thinking of getting it but want to hear how ya'll like it (or don't).
I loooove my wii fit. I wish I did it more! It weighs you, and keeps track of your progress, so even if you are exercising elsewhere you can still keep track on it. I like the aerobics games too, the hula hoop and the step are my faves. There is also a "running" option, sometimes I hop on the gazelle (its a cardio machine) and put the wii remote in my pocket and it is like you are jogging on a path. It is kinda fun when there is nothing to watch on TV LOL! And the yoga is super fun too. I love it! You should totally get one Ann!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My fiance actually makes games for a video game company called EA sports. There are some bad Wii games out there so be careful. What age group are you looking for? He says Carnival is okay. If it is for adults and you like the Carnival style game, you might like Boomblocks, Mario Kart, Ravin"Rabbids....However, there are a multitude of different style games-so if you are into those let me know. There is also a new Wii sports coming out later this year, so if you liked the last one--this one should be better. Oh also--Lego Indiana Jones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By far my fave Wii game is Zelda: Twilight Princess. I wish I could find something comparable to it.

 

Second would be Rock Band...it makes for a great Saturday night get together. In fact, we are planning a party where all guests will have to dress up like their favorite 80's rockstar!

 

I love love love my Wii fit. I like that it keeps a detailed record of my weight loss and some of the balance games are just down right fun!

 

I've heard that Indiana Jones is fun. My 65 year old aunt is obsessed with it! I'll have to give it a try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennierin View Post
By far my fave Wii game is Zelda: Twilight Princess. I wish I could find something comparable to it.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Zelda. When we didn't have a Wii I bought Zelda: TW on gamecube. It's the same game just reversed. So if you played it the house would be on the left instead of the right. It is the best game. I Love all Zelda games but how they did it on the Wii is amazing! I too wish I could find something similar to play. If you find something let me know!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by farrahla View Post
My fiance actually makes games for a video game company called EA sports. There are some bad Wii games out there so be careful. What age group are you looking for? He says Carnival is okay. If it is for adults and you like the Carnival style game, you might like Boomblocks, Mario Kart, Ravin"Rabbids....However, there are a multitude of different style games-so if you are into those let me know. There is also a new Wii sports coming out later this year, so if you liked the last one--this one should be better. Oh also--Lego Indiana Jones.
We have the game that came with the Wii and then Mario & Sonic Olympics (or whatever it is!). Since we haven't been playing it at all lately, I don't think I'll get any games just yet- but the Wii Fit I could justify! This is just for my hubby & I to use for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question: When you buy the Wii Fit do you need to buy accessories too, or does it come with everything you need? What do you need (if it doesn't come with it)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×