• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:26 AM

So I've been really good about keeping my cell phone number off of marketing call lists. That's now been ruined! My mom was begging me to go look at wedding dresses back in January, so to make her happy we went to David Bridal just to get an idea of styles. (I am waiting to buy my dress a little later in the year after I've lost some weight and next Spring's styles come out.) I am very anti-DB (I like supporting the local bridal shop owners), but figured it was a good place to try on lots of different dresses. Since then, my cell phone has been getting flooded with vendor calls, telling me I've won everything under the sun. I don't care if I won a make-over from a local Mary Kay seller. Hello, I'm not even getting married in this country! Plus, aren't those make-overs always free? So I called DB two weeks ago and asked them to stop selling my info. That didn't work, so I called back yesterday. Turns out, they hadn't taken me off of their distribution list. (Shocker!) And the phone calls continue. So aggravating!!!!! I already wasn't planning on buying my dress there, but now I definitely won't.

Ah, that's a little better.

#2 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 5,752 posts
    • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:28 AM

you need to put your cell number on the "do not call" list!
    https://www.donotcall.gov/

takes 2 seconds

#3 Kat81

Kat81
    • VIP Member
    • 7,615 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:30 AM

DB had my number and that hasn't happened to me. I bought my dress there about a month ago.

#4 LisaG

LisaG
      • VIP Member
      • 7,839 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:32 AM

OMG!!! DB did the exact same thing to me!!! Arghhhhhh so frustrating!!! I got the same call from a Mary Kay rep to give me a makeover. I actually took her up on it and bought some gloss It was fun and I love their lip gloss. It does totally suck that they sell your #!! Bad for business!!

#5 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 6,368 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:34 AM

I'm on the Do Not Call list, but because I filled out DB's form, that was me voluntarily giving my phone number out. Now when a vendor calls (if I answer it) I have to ask them to put me on their do not call list. So obnoxious!

#6 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 5,752 posts
          • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:35 AM

mmm bummer. thats why i either dont give a number for that kind of stuff at all, or a bogus one if they "require" it

they shouldnt be selling your info anyway

#7 lucy106

lucy106
          • 2,880 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:41 AM

They did this to me too but its been kind of amusing. I had one banquet hall call me and say "Have you decided where to have your reception". When I replied, "Yeah Cancun". The guy was stunned and that was the end of that. It is a bad thing about DB and does discourage some brides thats for sure.

#8 MelanieS

MelanieS
            • 820 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:44 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by mauraw
              mmm bummer. thats why i either dont give a number for that kind of stuff at all, or a bogus one if they "require" it

they shouldnt be selling your info anyway
              My husband always tells me to give them his work number (he's a highway patrolman!)

#9 KarmaB

KarmaB
              • 796 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:47 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by timelsel
                My husband always tells me to give them his work number (he's a highway patrolman!)
                Ha ha.. that's funny.

I hate telemarketers. I just hang up. I feel bad though, but they never let me get a word in.

#10 Kat81

Kat81
                • VIP Member
                • 7,615 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:51 AM

I have to answer phones all day long at work... Freakin' what makes me more mad than anything is when they hang up on you!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users