getting married on El Dia De Los Muertos

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 tvt

tvt
  • VIP Member
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 11:29 PM

The other day I realized that we were getting married on El Dia De Los Muertos... Crazy hu?? For some reason when we booked our date I thought El Dia De Los Muertos was on Oct 31, but the other day I had a light bulb moment and thought I was wrong. So I emailed Kelly at LC and she confirmed that it is celebrated on Nov 1 and Nov 2.

So what do you think about incorporating this into our wedding theme? Not over board but maybe sugar skeleton cake topper? Thoughts?

#2 Yari

Yari
    • VIP Member
    • 10,928 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 11:33 PM

I think it sounds cute!!!

#3 Martha

Martha
      • VIP Member
      • 3,906 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 11:51 PM

Are you only having a symbolic ceremony? I know that priests will not marry on the 1st or 2nd in Mexico.

Anyhow, back to your question.....I think it's cute. Down here, dia de los muertos is kinda a big deal. Someone on here bought a cake topper, of the skeletons, but I can't remember who it was?

#4 tvt

tvt
        • VIP Member
        • 4,812 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 11:56 PM

yeah, it's just symbolic, we're already technically married (early for insurance!)

I guess our guest will get a vacation, a wedding, and be able to see the celebration of El Dia De Los Muertos!

#5 caracolgin

caracolgin
          • 80 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 12:54 AM

Go to Sol Tamargo's photography website. del Sol Photography click on Sol Tamargo the sols blog. Check the dates and there is a couple on there who got married on the same day. They incorporated some themes and it was really cute.

#6 katrina

katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 4,328 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 07:49 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Just Martha
              Are you only having a symbolic ceremony? I know that priests will not marry on the 1st or 2nd in Mexico.

Anyhow, back to your question.....I think it's cute. Down here, dia de los muertos is kinda a big deal. Someone on here bought a cake topper, of the skeletons, but I can't remember who it was?
              that's me!
              Click the image to open in full size.

#7 Celina

Celina
              • Banned
              • 2,811 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:41 AM

YES - I love this idea. There are tons of stuff on line for sugar skulls. I think Corey (coreyphil) did some great bags that had the Catrinas on them. Congrats! I get married a week after you!
                "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users