Real Estate

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Kat81

Kat81
  • VIP Member
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 04:43 PM

So, My FI and I have been looking into buying a house. We just got approved for our loan today. Now to make an offer on a house. I was just wondering if any of you had any experience in this. We don't know how much to offer the first time. Here is a link to the house.
    Stephenville Texas Real Estate Stephenville Texas Lake Front Real Estate Stephenville TX Real Estate
    They are asking 268,500. Any advice??

#2 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
    • VIP Member
    • 11,403 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 04:51 PM

Are you using a realtor?? That's your best resource for local market info & comparable sales date....

#3 Kat81

Kat81
      • VIP Member
      • 7,615 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 04:53 PM

Yeah, I am. She is representing the Seller though too. So, I don't really want her advice LOL. It's a small town so she is really my only choice.

#4 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
        • VIP Member
        • 11,403 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 04:57 PM

Oh wow, that kinda blows. Although, technically, interoffice sales can be less stressful because the information flows more freely. Why don't you request a comparable sales analysis from your realtor - this is factual data that can help you. She shouldn't have a problem generating that for you. OR, you can go to Real Estate Valuations, Homes for Sale, Free Real Estate Information | Zillow Real Estate to get a feel for recent sales prices of homes in the same neighborhood.

#5 Kat81

Kat81
          • VIP Member
          • 7,615 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 04:59 PM

Awesome! Thanks so much. It is kind of overwhelming when you have no idea what you are doing.

#6 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
            • Moderators
            • 25,218 posts
            • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
            • LocationSeattle

Posted 19 March 2008 - 05:01 PM

Sorry no advice yet, we're not house hunting until after the wedding, BUT I wanted to say thats a lovely home you're interested! And I sure wish I lived in your town, I couldn't get a house that nice where I live for under $400K!

#7 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
            • VIP Member
            • 2,347 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 05:03 PM

Kathi, have you signed anything with the realtor saying you'll use her service? If not, have you tried contacting some of the realtors close to Stephenville? I know there's a Century21 in Glen Rose that works the Stephenville area. The real estate licensing is at a state level, so technically, a realtor from FW or Waco could assist you--- most don't because of how long the drive would be to show homes in Stephenville--- but since you know which home you want and are just looking for independent advice during negotiation, maybe someone would represent you just for that portion of the work....

#8 Kat81

Kat81
              • VIP Member
              • 7,615 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 05:09 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by MikkiStreak
                Kathi, have you signed anything with the realtor saying you'll use her service? If not, have you tried contacting some of the realtors close to Stephenville? I know there's a Century21 in Glen Rose that works the Stephenville area. The real estate licensing is at a state level, so technically, a realtor from FW or Waco could assist you--- most don't because of how long the drive would be to show homes in Stephenville--- but since you know which home you want and are just looking for independent advice during negotiation, maybe someone would represent you just for that portion of the work....
                No, I haven't but she sure has put in a lot of work with us for us to just "toss her" I would feel bad. SIGH I guess I could call someone else and see what they say......

#9 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 24,768 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 05:12 PM

in the markets that i am familiar with (not yours!), i'd usually offer something like $245K or something, and expect to meet somewhere in the middle. but again, it depends on your market, and also the current condidtions, how long it's been on the market, etc.

#10 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
                  • VIP Member
                  • 11,403 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 05:18 PM

DO NOT FEEL BAD if you decide to change realtors!! I suffered from similar feelings about mortgage brokers. You are money to them, so you need to make sure you are happy & comfy with the professional you chose to represent you. I know girl, this is a stressful thing - buying a house - and it's not time to set aside your best interest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users