So Pissed At The Hilton

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#11 Yari

Yari
  • VIP Member
  • 10,928 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 04:09 PM

I don't blame you for being mad at the Hilton...that is just BS!

#12 Bradley Fraser

Bradley Fraser
    • 74 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 12:09 AM

I hope you get your dilema sorted. I would like to wade in about Marco. Whenever Marco is the Officiant I always have a big smile on my face. Marco has a wonderful presence which can only be felt live and in person. Reading his mannered repsonses here on this thread can in no prepare you for what an incredible touch he has as an Officiant.

I just did a beach wedding with Marco at Casa Del Mar and he was right on the money once again! Sincere, humorous and respectful. And he always looks great.

#13 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 18,759 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 08:26 AM

Perhaps Marco can suggest someone else who would be available at 6:00? But, maybe it is worth waiting the extra 30 minutes to have him be your officiant. Possibly you can work on getting the extra 30 minutes for music. Or maybe there are other ways to adjust your timeline. Take pictures before the wedding?

#14 LisaW

LisaW
        • 113 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 09:12 AM

You seem to adore Marco and have been so thrilled to have him as your officiant. Yes the ceremony is the shortest part of the evening, but it also the most special! Based on your feelings, I think you should 100% stick with Marco @ 6:30.

As for the ending at 10:30 instead of 11pm, I say stick with the attitude nope not happening. My suggestion, throw a fit with the Hilton in an attempt to have them give you a waiver to have music that one night until 11pm. This is after all THEIR fault, and you and Marco both have emails to prove that. And extending their own music cut-off rule for one evening well that is something that is well within the Hilton's ability to do. Forget your current WC, go directly to the director of catering with your emails (andMarcos too if he's up for sharing them with you) and plead your case. That's my 2 cents.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!

#15 sunnydaes

sunnydaes
          • 684 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 09:49 AM

That is so frustrating! Its hard enough planning a wedding and then this on top of it. I'm already starting to go nuts and i Haven't even secured a location! If i were you I would push everything back to the time you want it and have a different officiant do the ceremony...Unless marco is really important to you, but if you just heard good things about it him but you have no personal attachment, use someone else.

#16 KLS1982

KLS1982
            • 36 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 01:21 PM

I talked with Jaira and she said there's no way to waive the music ending at 10:30. i was fine with bumping the ceremony up, but I am spending WAY too much money for them to cut short ANY part of the wedding. The reception is already semi short in my opinion at 3 hours. (by the time everyone is there and are given food, that would only leave us with an hour and a half of dancing...) I can just imagine someone saying "yea thats fine, we'll make an exception for you and let the music stay on till 11, and then come July 5th at 10:30 the music goes off and we can do a thing about it....
              The situation just sucks because of all the absolute wonderful, positive things that everyone had to say about Marco...
              my main reason for being so outraged is that this would have never been brought to my attention had Mara not left the Hilton. oh well... who said wedding planning was easy!!!!! thanks for the encouragement/advice guys!

#17 Golden

Golden
              • 354 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 01:39 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by kchat17
                I talked with Jaira and she said there's no way to waive the music ending at 10:30. i was fine with bumping the ceremony up, but I am spending WAY too much money for them to cut short ANY part of the wedding. The reception is already semi short in my opinion at 3 hours. (by the time everyone is there and are given food, that would only leave us with an hour and a half of dancing...) I can just imagine someone saying "yea thats fine, we'll make an exception for you and let the music stay on till 11, and then come July 5th at 10:30 the music goes off and we can do a thing about it....
                The situation just sucks because of all the absolute wonderful, positive things that everyone had to say about Marco...
                my main reason for being so outraged is that this would have never been brought to my attention had Mara not left the Hilton. oh well... who said wedding planning was easy!!!!! thanks for the encouragement/advice guys!

Did you speak to see her boss Danilea? I think the music cut-off is 11pm

#18 KLS1982

KLS1982
                • 36 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 04:04 PM

what is daniela's email?

#19 Golden

Golden
                  • 354 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 04:13 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by kchat17
                    what is daniela's email?
                    Daniela Lopez
                    Director of Events
                    Director de Eventos
                    Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort
                    Direct Phone 011-52-624) 145-6512
                    Fax: (011-52-624) 145-6527
                    Email: daniela.lopez@hilton.com
                    URL: Travel Mexico & Vacation at Cabo San Lucas Hotels - Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort
                    Virtual Tour: http://www.hiltonlos...om/virtualtour/

#20 miagirl

miagirl
                    • 23 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 08:08 AM

kchat--

My new hubby and I just got back from our Cabo wedding which was held at the Hilton. For what its worth...and I know you need to hear this right now...with all the trouble we went through with the Hilton, the location was so gorgeous and the event so wonderful, I sort of forgot about how bad they pissed me off the past few months.

As stressed out as you are right now, everything will come together. If you are having trouble communicating with Jaira and can fit it in your budget...you might consider hiring a wedding planner to help you. I hired Maye Cortinas the month before my wedding and she and her assistant Karen were my saving grace.

Lastly, before you make a final decision on your officiant, you may want to set up a phone call with Marco just to discuss his ceremony...he played a HUGE role in making my wedding so wonderful, even though the ceremony was only 25 mins or so. If a memorable ceremony is important to you...he is the best. If you have any Hilton-related questions, don't hesitate to hit me up :).

Good luck,
                      Mia

P.S. Complete review of vendors coming shortly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users