Photo

WARNING: Palmstone Studio

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#21 Alyssa

Alyssa
  • 11,793 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 05:35 PM

girls, i tried to open a dispute through paypal but it said 'that type of transaction' wasn't covered. maybe b/c he never wrote me an invoice through paypal, i just sent him the $100.

i have a record of that from paypal *Jan 10th, 2008*and i have EVERY email between the 2 of us

#22 Christine

Christine
    • VIP Member
    • 21,514 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
    • Wedding Location:Napa, California
    • LocationReno, NV

Posted 19 March 2008 - 05:43 PM

oh wow Alyssa that is terrible, I would totally call the BBB and make sure you post negative reports about his business ethics on other wedding sites.
    Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#23 tlomlad

tlomlad
    • Banned
    • 1,949 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 07:40 PM

thanks for the heads up you should send his name to the BBB it only takes a call we had to report someone after we bought our house last year and it was a painless ordeal and they got results for us!

#24 Spazz

Spazz
      • VIP Member
      • 10,482 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 07:59 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Christine
        oh wow Alyssa that is terrible, I would totally call the BBB and make sure you post negative reports about his business ethics on other wedding sites.
        I agree, definitely report it to the BBB. I'm sorry you're dealing with this.

#25 majnooni

majnooni
        • 90 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 08:05 PM

Wow, that really sucks. I'm so sorry! Agreed on reporting him to BBB. That's just not right.

#26 *JillD*

*JillD*
          • 5,112 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 08:45 PM

we should all start emailing him saying we want to use his service and then when he responds to us we can say that we heard he's not good to do business with because he's a cheat and steals deposits.

#27 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 24,768 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 10:21 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by AnnR
              I'm sending an email to him to let him know that he's hurt his business by such a stupid act. Not saying who told me though - just letting him know "someone" knows!
              So I heard back from him in just a matter of hours! I sent him an email saying I thought his business practices were awful; taking a customer's money and then not responding.

Here was what he said - want me to say anything else?

-------------------------------

Hello Ann,

I cannot find that I have previous emails from you. Please let me know what situation you are writing about and I will do my best to rectify things.

The only type of work I require a deposit for is custom calligraphed marriage certificates. All other work I accept payment only after everything is complete. I take the honor system seriously and send my work all over the world without payment in advance.

Communications via email can be tricky, so please let me know what is going on so that I can be sure I have been getting the messages.

Please email me with your reply. If you do not hear back from me within 48 hours, you may call me on my cell phone: 352-514-3838, Eastern Daylight Savings Time.

Best Regards,
              Stewart J. Thomas

#28 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
              • 1,798 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 11:35 PM

Uugh! That really sucks! That is a lot of money to say goodbye to. Too bad because they look pretty cool. Good luck.

#29 Alyssa

Alyssa
                • 11,793 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 11:45 PM

Ann! i can not believe it!!!!! i am seriously in shock. which email did you use?
                  So I heard back from him in just a matter of hours! I sent him an email saying I thought his business practices were awful; taking a customer's money and then not responding.

Here was what he said - want me to say anything else?

-------------------------------

Hello Ann,

I cannot find that I have previous emails from you. Please let me know what situation you are writing about and I will do my best to rectify things.

The only type of work I require a deposit for is custom calligraphed marriage certificates. All other work I accept payment only after everything is complete. I take the honor system seriously and send my work all over the world without payment in advance.

Communications via email can be tricky, so please let me know what is going on so that I can be sure I have been getting the messages.

Please email me with your reply. If you do not hear back from me within 48 hours, you may call me on my cell phone: 352-514-3838, Eastern Daylight Savings Time.

Best Regards,
                  Stewart J. Thomas

#30 Autumn

Autumn
                  • 1,166 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 11:46 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Alyssa
                    girls, i tried to open a dispute through paypal but it said 'that type of transaction' wasn't covered. maybe b/c he never wrote me an invoice through paypal, i just sent him the $100.

i have a record of that from paypal *Jan 10th, 2008*and i have EVERY email between the 2 of us
                    was your paypal payment using a credit card? or was it a direct withdrawl from a bank acct?
                    if you paid using a credit card you can call your cc company and explain the situation - I'm not sure how it works in conjunction with paypal, but I think in most cases the cc company will go to bat for you and retrieve the disputed funds..
                    (and I bet you'll hear from him pretty quick then!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users