Valley of the Fire Weddings Thread

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 pawfectchis

• 15 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 11:51 AM

It is finally booked. We are getting married on 8/8/8 at the Valley of the Fire with Classic Vegas Weddings @ 2pm. Yes, you all heard me, a desert wedding at 2pm in the mid summer in Las Vegas!!! It will be sweltering out there! I don't think there will be much for makeup, as it would just run off my face from the sweat. It least my dress is spaghetti straps. I may also have my modeling Chihuahua as a witness.

#2 Kat81

• VIP Member
    • 7,615 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 11:57 AM

lol well Congrats! Happy planning!

#3 Christine

• VIP Member
      • 21,514 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
      • Wedding Location:Napa, California
      • LocationReno, NV

Posted 19 March 2008 - 04:17 PM

oh that is where I got engaged, the valley of fire that is! Congrats and yes August will be sweltering hopefully they can provide some sort of shade tents for your guests.
      Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#4 Yari

• VIP Member
      • 10,928 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 04:38 PM

Congrats, how exciting!

#5 starchild

• Moderators
        • 26,161 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 01:32 AM

What a coincidence, I just attended a wedding there 2 days ago!

I'll do a review in the next few days just for you (and anyone else interested!). Beautiful place, but it will be HOT!!! Definitely try to arrange a canopy if they do that.

#6 sunnydaes

• 684 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 01:48 AM

wow thats brave! but exciting congrats!

#7 twinkletoes

• 2,302 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 07:29 AM

Yaay, another date twin! Congrats!
              2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#8 gina@pixoflife

• 46 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 07:14 AM

Well I'm sick in bed and sneaking time on the laptop to cure my boredom!

Okay ladies, so how many of you would volunteer to have 40 photographers shoot your wedding?! This bride and groom did! My hubby and I are constantly perfecting our craft and attend at least one workshop each year. We thought this would be fun because it was a real wedding instead of models. Getting Ready was at the Bellagio, just a few of their friends in the bridal party and as guests, a double decker bus that got lost in the desert after the ceremony on the way to the strip and a few other snafus, but this location is absolutely gorgeous! Plus the bride chose a cute retro glam theme with black, white & green colors and had great diy details. This location is so scenic, intimate and unique for a DW.

You can see the photos on the BLOG post and slideshow.
                www.pixoflife.com :: Visit the BLOG for our Latest Work!

#9 starchild

• Moderators
                • 26,161 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 08:15 AM

Great pics! I'm cracking up because I went to a wedding there last month and that's the same minister, in the same jacket...lmao! I guess that's his routine costume :P Thanks for sharing, it's a stunning location!

#10 Alyssa

• 11,793 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 08:24 AM

very cool! those are really artistic pics - i really love them!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users