• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 KHarrod

KHarrod
  • 902 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 01:42 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lil_miss_frogg
    And if you look at your ticker.....your date is 9 months and 9 days....I think that is what I saw.
    I just noticed that also!!!!!!!!

#42 Maybride2009

Maybride2009
    • 408 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 02:16 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by KHarrod
      I just noticed that also!!!!!!!!
      That is pretty cool!

I love the tattoo idea. However I would like my FI to do it because he works with his hands all the time and we have both agreed that I will not cry when he loses the ring...because he will...we both know that.
      We did decided to get him a titanum ring so that he won't scratch and dent the heck out of it, but I think a tattoo would be great.

I do agree that it would have to be touched up a lot..ouch!

#43 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
      • 5,649 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 02:51 PM

Sigh! I mentioned this idea to my FI last night as I know he probably won't wear his ring on his finger since he says he finds them "uncomfortable" and can't get used to them. He totally shot this idea down because he said he didn't want one, I just think he doesn't want tattoos because his parents are so anti-tattoo (which is why I want more, haha).

He said if worse comes to worse, he will wear his wedding band on the chain he wears 24/7. Blahhh....

#44 hunniebee724

hunniebee724
        • 340 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 12:49 PM

Does anyone who did this have pics? My FI is getting a cheap band because I want to put one on his finger during the ceremony & have one in pics, but he won't wear it. He wants to get my name tattooed on his ring finger (his idea). I told him it needs to be done before we leave for the cruise if he's not going to wear the band, so how long before the wedding should he have it done?

#45 carolina24

carolina24
          • 1,573 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 01:29 PM

make sure he gets it done at least 6 weeks in advance to give it time to heal especially since you'll be in the sun/pool/ocean

#46 hunniebee724

hunniebee724
            • 340 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 03:13 PM

Thanks Carolina! I knew it should be a few weeks, but I wasn't sure exactly. He has 4 already, but they were done years ago and he didn't remember how long it took them to heal.

#47 Sylvie143

Sylvie143
              • 181 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 08:35 PM

My FI and I are going to do this, we aren't sure what we are doing yet, possible our wedding date, our initials, or a design of some sort. I think it's a fantastic idea, something special to do together.

#48 carolina24

carolina24
                • 1,573 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 12:18 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by hunniebee724
                  Thanks Carolina! I knew it should be a few weeks, but I wasn't sure exactly. He has 4 already, but they were done years ago and he didn't remember how long it took them to heal.
                  no problem

#49 Sandra&Greg

Sandra&Greg
                  • 47 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 12:28 PM

My FI and I have a bit of a different idea, because we were told that the ring tattoo fade's so fast... ( we may still do that though:)My FI's wedding band we picked out is from a cute little celtic shop here in saskatoon! The band says "Bright, Love of my life" in gaelic. I'm getting "Bright, love of my life" tattooed on my foot!

#50 Mischaka

Mischaka
                    • 969 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 01:13 PM

we are gonna get matching tattoos. Just not sure where and what yet. I did want it on that finger but closer to the top.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users