CURLY Hair Styles

Heidi

Or perhaps trying a relaxing shampoo, conditioner and product ahead of time. I have curly hair (though not AS curly) and mine was up, pulled back and held together with about a million bobby pins. Sadly I don't really have any pictures of the back of my head from the wedding or I would show you!

Here's the best I have:

Click the image to open in full size.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootBride View Post
I so feel your pain! I refuse to go natural curly. My hair is pretty spirally!

I want it to be curly but not so tightly curled. I am considering blow drying and flat iron. I was going to add extensions to give it more length because curly hair looks so short and I want it long.
If you want to do something dramatic, I think you should either have it rolled in Gigantic rollers or blow dried to get the curls out and style it from there.
If you want to wear it curly I say pull it back in a cute updo.
BTW, I love your curls!
Exactly! I have TONS of curls too and my hairdresser suggested to have it rolled in rollers :) I have had this done before years ago and it looked way better than my normal do would come out! Have you tried TIGI Catwalk Curls Rock Curl Amplifier & Catwalk Curls Rock Curl Booster - best stuff I have ever brought (so far) for curls! Are you going to do a trial run?

Heidi I have your exact hair. I had to have mine up. They straightened it then curled it and then pinned it up. It looked AMAZING.

Word of caution, if you are leaving any of your hair down, the wind from the beach will make the curls look windblown and frizzy. Also, my curls tend to not be as tight in humidity.

I would not suggest relaxing your hair. I did that once and it almost ruined my hair.

My hair is wavy curly and I had her pull my hair back like yours Heidi....I didn't like it all that much either but it was hot and it was out of the way....plus when you add the veil and or flowers it picks it up a little...trust me you'll be happy you had it up or half way up, it gets hot.....

I'll post pics in a sec.

ok here are the pics

She decided to blow dry my hair straight....(which I think she should have just scrunched it instead....oh well)

Then she curled it with a curling iron (still thought to myself, you don't have to do this, I have curly hair all you need to do is put gel in and scrunch)

This is what it looked like from the back when she was done

This is what it looked like with the veil on....

this is what my hair looks normally....didn't do anything to it except scrunched it myself with gel....my TTD pic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaballa View Post
I would not suggest relaxing your hair. I did that once and it almost ruined my hair.
I didn't mean actually relaxing your hair - with is like a the opposite of a perm. I meant use a shampoo, conditioner and relaxing balm (gel or whatever) for a temporary relaxation in curls.

I like this stuff:
ttp://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2816628?cm_cat=datafeed&cm_pla=hair_care:women:hai r_styling_product&cm_ite=phyto_'phytodefrisant'_bo tanical_hair_relaxing_balm:15976U&cm_ven=Froogle&m r:trackingCode=B6727174-CEF5-DC11-AA92-001422107090&mr:referralID=NA

Or

Kerastase Oleo-Relax line, etc. etc.

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkashmira View Post
I didn't mean actually relaxing your hair - with is like a the opposite of a perm. I meant use a shampoo, conditioner and relaxing balm (gel or whatever) for a temporary relaxation in curls.

I like this stuff:
ttp://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2816628?cm_cat=datafeed&cm_pla=hair_care:women:hai r_styling_product&cm_ite=phyto_'phytodefrisant'_bo tanical_hair_relaxing_balm:15976U&cm_ven=Froogle&m r:trackingCode=B6727174-CEF5-DC11-AA92-001422107090&mr:referralID=NA

Or

Kerastase Oleo-Relax line, etc. etc.
I totally got you kashmira! I have tried some straightening products like that but honestly they do nothing for people with coil type curls. I think they work better on wavy or loose S shape curls. Have you tried Hang Straight by Aveda? I bet it would like it. Aveda products smell so refreshing to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn3878 View Post
Exactly! I have TONS of curls too and my hairdresser suggested to have it rolled in rollers :) I have had this done before years ago and it looked way better than my normal do would come out! Have you tried TIGI Catwalk Curls Rock Curl Amplifier & Catwalk Curls Rock Curl Booster - best stuff I have ever brought (so far) for curls! Are you going to do a trial run?
The only problem I have with rolling my hair is that my hair looks so big! lol I get ultra sexy Kitty hair... probably the wrong words for it... it just adds so much volume but it is alot easier to manage. I havent tried Catwalk Curls... I will look around for it. Have you tried Bed Head (I think) After Party... Its like a pick me upper for day old curls! I swear that stuff works! And it doesn't weigh your hair down!

HEIDI Have you ever tried Ouidad products or hair stylist?
Ouidad has a great website. I have ordered their stuff in the past. I love it but its can get expensive to maintain. Anyhow I found some great hairstyles for you here

Look at the twist
Modern Ballerina and Tie the Knot! LOVE THEM FOR YOUR HAIR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaW View Post
My hair is wavy curly and I had her pull my hair back like yours Heidi....I didn't like it all that much either but it was hot and it was out of the way....plus when you add the veil and or flowers it picks it up a little...trust me you'll be happy you had it up or half way up, it gets hot.....
First of all, Drea, thank you for confirming that it was nice to have your hair up in the heat. I love all the wavy all-down hairstyles, but I keep thinking that I would regret that in the heat, and it's nice to hear that's probably true.

Heidi, I think the Britney Murphy style is gorgeous. It wouldn't look exactly the same with your curls, but I think it could look even better!