Where do I begin

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 jmill130

• 601 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 06:08 PM

Welcome! I know how you feel! About a month ago, I started planning... I didn't have a place, date, or any direction. In less than a month we picked Los Cabos. We have the resort (dreams) booked, invites out, and things are comimg along! You took the 1st right step by getting on this forum. You will get so many great ideas! Let me know if I can help! Happy planning!

#12 texasex

• 79 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 06:34 PM

Yea, I would pick the date and then look at weather/season/holidays etc that could interfere with your big day. Also, pick a place you and your FI like. I think this is really important.

#13 tlomlad

• Banned
      • 1,949 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 07:04 PM

i would say start with resort because if you fall in love with a resort you have to make sure they have your date avilable!

#14 Elizabeth

• 100 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 02:29 PM

Thanks for all the advice! I contacted a TA with some resorts we have narrowed it down to (I think 6 in the Cancun/Rivera Maya area!) and asked her for quotes for different times of year. Hopefully after she gets that info together I can get this thing started!

#15 sunnydaes

• 684 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 02:41 PM

I think started with a location is best. We started with a date, but soon found out that the date you want may not be available.

#16 Dez921714

• 1,489 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 02:48 PM

Welcome and congrats! :)

My suggestion would be to first figure out what part of Mexico you want to get married in and then the time of year...then look into resorts...then get out some save the dates :)

We're getting married at the Moon Palace in Cancun - if you have any questions about it, let me know.

Best of luck!!!!
              http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users