• Please log in to reply
304 replies to this topic

#151 katrina

katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 4,328 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 08:10 AM

maura, if i don't talk to you, have a wonderful shower tomorrow!

#152 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 5,752 posts
    • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 27 June 2008 - 05:25 PM

thanks katrina! i'm excited for it! i will load pics and post as soon as i can tomorrow night when i get home.

#153 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 5,752 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 10:18 AM

Ok yesterday was my last and final shower! Here are some of the photo highlights with a link to the whole album at the bottom. (I had such a good time, even though my mom did show up) Enjoy! My Aunt threw an amazing tea party - there were muffins, scones, strawberries, then lots of different kinds of tea sandwiches and punch (with champagne, yum!) and then little french pastries for dessert!

invitation
    Click the image to open in full size.

some shots showing how much fun i was having

ok this one is not supposed to be of me... my grandma's dog was really mad that everyone was putting all their attention on me instead of her, so she kept running in front of my friend with the camera, standing on her hind legs and waving her front paws at the camera for attention. it was totally hilarious! in the photo, i'm not all smiley because of the gift i was opening, i was just dying laughing at the dog haha

gratuitous shot so you can see how skinny i am getting! (thank you alli and GSK!) hehe

me with a couple of my girlfriends

me with my family (with the fakest smile ever on my face since i was sitting next to my mom)

award for BEST gift wrap! this was so beautiful i didnt want to ruin it by opening it! each tier of boxes had different kinds of stemware!

with all my mom's friends

with my gram

whole album:
    Picasa Web Albums - Maura & Jose - Bridal Shower...

#154 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 5,752 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 10:28 AM

here's a couple more...

me with my aunt wendy - she has one of those fancy sewing machines that will embroider computer images... she's not able to travel to cabo for the wedding because she has a medical issue, so yesterday she told me she would make me one of those fancy embroidered tags with the bride & groom's name on it and the wedding date that my seamstress can sew into my dress so i can have a little piece of her with me on my wedding day. i am so excited about this :)

one of the best gifts we got (from my girlfriend from college, we didn't register for any of this but it was awesome!) gorgeous margarita glasses, a bottle of margarita mix, lime flavored rimming salt, and lime cutting boards --- AND tequila! haha
    and we also got a sweet blender so we can make frozen margs now!

thought this was funny.... we got the knife set we registered for from........dun dun dun..... my mom. guess it fits since she's a backstabber LOL

tackiest gift from one of my mom's friends
    was clearly not something she went out and bought...

and ok, this was not a shower gift, its a wedding gift we received earlier this past week from a relative of jose's and i'm totally in love with it, it's a wedgewood fine china tea set designed by barbara barry and was $$$$$$$$, so i had to show you guys :) this is now like one of my most prized possessions - i have ALWAYS wanted a fine china tea set since i was a little girl and now i have a really beautiful one!

#155 Mandy

Mandy
    • 514 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 06:43 PM

I love it, Maura! How fun! And how hot are you in your dress??

#156 Celina

Celina
      • Banned
      • 2,811 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:05 AM

Cute, cute, cute!! Yay for you Maura! Looks like a nice shower!

Even though your mom was there...oh well, it still turned out lovely!
        "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#157 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
        • VIP Member
        • 18,452 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:47 AM

I love the cake wrapping presentation, so cute. great idea!
          ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
          Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
          Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#158 EricaG

EricaG
          • 1,915 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:10 PM

I am glad to hear that your shower went well, even though your Mom showed up. I also love the gift that was wrapped like a wedding cake. That is such a great idea.
            http://i141.photobuc....DSC_0038-1.jpghttp://i141.photobuc....DSC_0463-1.jpg
            My wedding review of the Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
            http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t35125

Our Professional Wedding and TTD Pictures by Photo Souvenirhttp:...

#159 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 5,752 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 08:47 AM

ugh so i found out last night we have to do a seating chart and placecards... i totally thought i could get away without having to do this but because about half our guests are getting one meal and half are getting another, we need to seat them specifically so the waiters know what they need to bring to whom. ugh ugh ugh! so now i guess i have to 1) get the guest list from the mexico side who have rsvp'd they're coming, 2) go buy supplies to make placecards and 3) figure out a way to distinguish who is getting what meal by their placecard AND 4) harass a few of the american guests who still havent chosen their meal!!!

#160 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
            • 4,881 posts
            • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
            • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
            • LocationNew York

Posted 03 July 2008 - 09:33 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Maura
            ugh so i found out last night we have to do a seating chart and placecards... i totally thought i could get away without having to do this but because about half our guests are getting one meal and half are getting another, we need to seat them specifically so the waiters know what they need to bring to whom. ugh ugh ugh! so now i guess i have to 1) get the guest list from the mexico side who have rsvp'd they're coming, 2) go buy supplies to make placecards and 3) figure out a way to distinguish who is getting what meal by their placecard AND 4) harass a few of the american guests who still havent chosen their meal!!!

Hi Maura! I have the same problem. It's a pain. My solution - I just created menu cards that are serving double duty as place cards, and then I have a stub on the bottom with people's names, table numbers and their meal choices which I'm going to perforate. People will just tear it off and hand it to the wait staff.

They fit 3 to a page - minimal fussing - three cuts and then the perforation. Let me know if you want the template and I'll e-mail it to you. Eventually I'll get a planning thread together and post it there, too.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users