Newbie Looking for Advice :)

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#11 texasex

• 79 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 07:41 PM

I agree. Stay away from trip advisor. I'm getting married at a Dreams Resort and lots of brides on here have. I only have heard good things.

#12 kerid

• 31 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 03:42 PM

Hi Steph - What are you looking for in a resort? We're getting married in the Riviera Maya in Jan 2009 and we toured some places so I might be able to give you a few suggestions depending on what you're looking for!

#13 tlomlad

• Banned
      • 1,949 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 03:51 PM

welcome to the forum we are getting married at dreams cancun, not rivera maya but if you decide to go cancun route lets us know!

#14 Saraha

• 2,597 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 06:37 PM

Welcome to the forum. I have never been to any of these places so am no help to you, just wanted to say welcome aboard!

#15 hammstephanie

• 10 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Infinity22
            I'm a newbie as of yesterday too! Glad you could make it!!!

Do you have anything else in mind besides the El Dorado Royale?
            Thanks for your response! We've been looking at the Paradisus Riviera Cancun Resort and Playacar Palace.. Have you heard anything good or bad about these resorts?
            Thanks, Steph

#16 Dez921714

• 1,489 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 04:18 PM

Hi! Welcome!!

I'm getting married at the Moon Palace and have stayed at the Cancun Palace before. We also have family who have stayed at Palace Resort and have nothing bad to say about them!

With the Palace Resorts, you can stay at one, and then go to the others if you want (Cancun Palace beach is amazing) and if you stay 3 or more nights, they include excursions...a great bonus, if you ask me.

Good Luck!
              http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#17 ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 9,504 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 04:31 PM

Welcome to the forum! There is a ton of info on the RM. I'd suggest searching around for a while!

#18 Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 8,047 posts
                • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
                • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
                • LocationToronto

Posted 27 March 2008 - 04:48 PM

Welcome! Try looking into the Dreams resorts, they don't charge asronomical fees for private dinners, only $28 pp for set up and all the food and drinks are included. One of the big problems we had with the AI's we looked at other than Dreams, was that they charged extra for a private dinner and for drinks although our guests and ourselves were going to be staying there all inclusive for the week...it seemed ridiculous. Goodluck with the planning!

#19 Aarica

• 69 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 05:32 PM

Welcome! I am getting married in Playa del Carmen in October. I know a lot of people are saying don't read Trip Advisor... but I personally found it very helpful looking at the pictures that were posted by the reviewers. It gives you a better idea of that the hotel looks like on a day to day basis rather than the professional pictures that are on the website. But I do agree that actual reviews on Trip Advisor just confuse you! Happy Planning!

#20 jamisoncollette

• 1,257 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 08:59 PM

Welcome Stephanie. You'll find lots of information here from unbiased brides!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users