Photo

Look bad in Wedding Dress!

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#1 Cole5worm

Cole5worm
  • 371 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 01:07 PM

Okay so I just had my first fitting... I have lost 65 lbs and I thought man I might actually pull this off. When i see myself in person in teh dress I think it looks BEAUTIFUL

BUT.... when i look at the pictures I take in it i feel like i look HORRIBLE

This really Bugs Me! I am nervous I am going to hate all my weddding picutures! It isn't suspose to be like this! I am suspose to love my wedding stuff!!!!

#2 jajajaja

jajajaja
    • VIP Member
    • 9,794 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 01:11 PM

I had the same feeling. BUT- is your dressed altered to fit you yet? When mine was kinda baggy, I thought i looked huge. I asked them to take in the hips and when I went back for my 2nd fitting it was so much better. I still don't like the photographs but I figure the lighting will be better than the stupid florescent lighting. Plus a pro photog will probably catch better angles.
      Happily married since 2008

#3 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 5,752 posts
      • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 18 March 2008 - 01:14 PM

show us the photos, i bet you are just being super critical of yourself. i bet you look great. losing all that weight is a HUGE accomplishment!

#4 jajajaja

jajajaja
      • VIP Member
      • 9,794 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 01:16 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by mauraw
        show us the photos, i bet you are just being super critical of yourself. i bet you look great. losing all that weight is a HUGE accomplishment!
        Yah and what Maura said. God knows a year ago I wanted to lose all that weight before the wedding day, but nope. You should be proud you were able to accomplish it. It's so hard- we all know!
        Happily married since 2008

#5 Martha

Martha
        • VIP Member
        • 3,906 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 01:17 PM

I think we are our own worse critic. I bet you look beautiful!!!

And not to threadjack (much) I have been meaning to ask you about your siggy...I gotta ask! How did he get his earbud stuck in his ear?

#6 Celina

Celina
          • Banned
          • 2,811 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 03:17 PM

Is it the dress? What about it don't you like?

65 lbs is a lot to lose and you should feel proud of yourself!

Did you put a veil on or any acessories?

I thought my dress was not that great (although it was the one I always dreamed of because it is short) - until I put on the veil.

Maybe some acessories will help.
            "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#7 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
            • Moderators
            • 25,218 posts
            • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
            • LocationSeattle

Posted 18 March 2008 - 03:21 PM

I agree with the rest so far, it's hard when you are looking at yourself, you only see what you think you look like, not what others see. And I bet your FI will be so blown away by how awesome you look! Do you have pics we can see?

#8 Cole5worm

Cole5worm
            • 371 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 03:22 PM

Well I guess the reason I don't like it is that i hate my arms.. i feel like they are the biggest sausages in the WORLD! I'll post a pic tonight when i get home. I didn't have the picture takeing with all me stuff on so I am hopeing that helps!

I am proud of lose the weight but you know its hard to get in the mind set of that.

Oh and as for casey and the ear piece.. we were at the gym and he was just trying to take his head phones out of his fat ear and the little piece fell out.. haha.. 250 bucks later we got it out!!! now he uses the old school head phones.. lol!!!

#9 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
              • Moderators
              • 25,218 posts
              • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
              • LocationSeattle

Posted 18 March 2008 - 03:29 PM

[QUOTE=Cole5worm;305825]
              I am proud of lose the weight but you know its hard to get in the mind set of that.
              You are so right. It's like you still feel like you look like you used to. It's hard to change your mind!
              Oh and as for casey and the ear piece.. we were at the gym and he was just trying to take his head phones out of his fat ear and the little piece fell out.. haha.. 250 bucks later we got it out!!! now he uses the old school head phones.. lol!!!
              that cracks me up! poor guy!

#10 Yari

Yari
              • VIP Member
              • 10,928 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 03:37 PM

I am sure you look beautiful in your dress. We are always our worst critics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users