Menu Tastings: Post your findings

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 runnernikki

runnernikki
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 07:55 PM

Hey girls-
    I'm really concerned with having good food at our reception. One of the main factors in determining where we have our reception will be the menu and food.

For all of you brides or brides to be that have done your site visits, can you tell me the following:

Resort/Hotel Name:
    What type of service (buffet, plated, etc):
    What did you sample (brides to be) or serve (brides) for the:
    - Appetizers:
    - Soup/Salad:
    - Entree:
    - Dessert:
    How was the food specified above (ok, bad, excellent, etc):

I understand that everyone will have different likes/dislikes when it comes to food but I'm trying to determine if certain resorts/hotels have outstanding food and which ones I should stay away from.

#2 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 6,996 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 07:58 PM

I will be doing my tasting during my site visit at Dreams Cabo on Feb 14- I'll let you know then!

#3 anaderoux

anaderoux
      • 3,220 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 08:06 PM

I just posted it in another thread, I'll repeat it here:

Apetizer:

Ceviche de camaron (shrimp ceviche?)

Click the image to open in full size.

Main:
        Lobster and Sirloin with mashed potatoes and asparragus

Dessert:

Apple with something inside or fruit cheese cake

#4 anaderoux

anaderoux
        • 3,220 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 08:07 PM

ooops I didn't check it was the cabo forum.. sorry..

the resort is Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun

#5 TammyB

TammyB
          • 10,630 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 08:53 PM

OH I have a great place for you.... The Sheraton has a great place called Py-somthing.. (oh I can never remember the name of that place) but it's an award winning place. It has awesome food. Hmmm I think Natasha ate there and wrote up a review,, could be wrong. Anyways the food was awesome and it's beach front so you'll hear the waves hitting the shore. I'm actually having our wedding dinner at De Cortez, the food is good there as well (not as good as that Py..... place but still good) but we picked DeCortez because it was the "feel" we were looking for.

#6 runnernikki

runnernikki
            • 22 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 09:29 PM

TAMMYM....just looked on the Sheraton website and the DeCortez is EXACTLY the look that we've been looking for! Do you have any information (prices,etc.) from the Sheraton that you can share with me (PM if you want)?

#7 LGENDEIN

LGENDEIN
              • 59 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 09:42 PM

For those Cabo Hilton brides, can you offer any suggestions on the food? What you may have ordered, liked, disliked?? I will be working on picking out the food soon, I'm hoping to keep it simple. Thanks.

#8 TammyB

TammyB
                • 10,630 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 11:30 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by runnernikki
                  TAMMYM....just looked on the Sheraton website and the DeCortez is EXACTLY the look that we've been looking for! Do you have any information (prices,etc.) from the Sheraton that you can share with me (PM if you want)?

Yeah I have some stuff I can send you.. let me get to work tomorrow and I'll see what I can dig up.. (he he, need something to keep me busy anyway.. lol)

#9 Alisarosenbaum

Alisarosenbaum
                  • 88 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 12:06 PM

We are having it at the Hilton. We are having a jicama salad (sp) to start, a choice of beef tenderloin or the fish Vera Cruz, and we are bringing in our own wedding cake for dessert. We are working with Emeline to ahve churros and hot chocolate passed around at the end of the reception. I feel though that we should maybe have another sweet with the cake. Did anyone just do cake??

#10 JENESIS

JENESIS
                    • 394 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 12:13 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Alisarosenbaum
                      We are having it at the Hilton. We are having a jicama salad (sp) to start, a choice of beef tenderloin or the fish Vera Cruz, and we are bringing in our own wedding cake for dessert. We are working with Emeline to ahve churros and hot chocolate passed around at the end of the reception. I feel though that we should maybe have another sweet with the cake. Did anyone just do cake??
                      This is very good to know. I don't want cake and just sent a messag to Emeline about other options for dessert.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users