Jump to content

Photo

Who was in a sorority?


  • Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#71 Copita

Copita
  • Member
  • 979 posts

    Posted 19 March 2008 - 08:22 AM

    Sigma Kappa of the Gamma Delta chapter at Thiel College.

    LOVED every second of it! :)

    #72 Yari

    Yari
    • VIP Member
    • 10,928 posts

      Posted 19 March 2008 - 12:26 PM

      I talked to my MOH about having a candle passing at my wedding and she said I should go for it. We may forgo the singing and have someone read the song instead.

      #73 Maura

      Maura

        VIP Member

      • VIP Member
      • 5,752 posts
      • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

      Posted 19 March 2008 - 12:38 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by LALA
      Miami was a school before Florida was a state!!
      (that's the random saying they put on t-shirts for our school)
      i was gonna say that, but you beat me to it hahaha

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by CarrieRN
      Does this make you a Ben Roethlisberger fan?
      hell to the no! first, he was in my graduating class (well, if he had actually graduated...). i had a number of friends who had classes with him, and by all accounts, he was dumber than a box of rocks. also, he was notorious for making out with random girls at a bar called pachinko, and one of my sorority sisters (who we eventually kicked out because among her drug & alcohol addiction, she was also very promiscuous, and would go out doing her activities wearing our letters, she never paid dues on time, and then one semester not at all, she was too much of a risk and we tried to get her counseling and help her and stuff but she didnt want to be helped and we had to let her go) anyway... she was one of his random makeouts before she deactivated, it was not a proud moment for our chapter, because she went around broadcasting she made out with him. gross.

      #74 ErinB

      ErinB

        VIP Member

      • VIP Member
      • 9,504 posts

        Posted 19 March 2008 - 12:51 PM

        I had the best of both worlds, I was the official un-official! Several of my friends went Delta Zeta but we still hung out all the time. I went through Spring Rush and one of the officers told me to save money and just keep hanging out at the house!

        #75 Maura

        Maura

          VIP Member

        • VIP Member
        • 5,752 posts
        • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

        Posted 19 March 2008 - 12:56 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by JamaicaBride062108
        I had the best of both worlds, I was the official un-official! Several of my friends went Delta Zeta but we still hung out all the time. I went through Spring Rush and one of the officers told me to save money and just keep hanging out at the house!
        how funny. their national HQ was located on our campus, and they were always getting in trouble for some really bad stuff, but never got kicked off because their HQ was located there and they always bailed them out

        #76 ErinB

        ErinB

          VIP Member

        • VIP Member
        • 9,504 posts

          Posted 19 March 2008 - 01:00 PM

          The DZs were definitely the most popular house on campus (when I was there). I'm sure some actions were a little questionable and there may have been some questionable reporting.

          #77 Maura

          Maura

            VIP Member

          • VIP Member
          • 5,752 posts
          • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

          Posted 19 March 2008 - 01:01 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by JamaicaBride062108
          The DZs were definitely the most popular house on campus (when I was there). I'm sure some actions were a little questionable and there may have been some questionable reporting.
          when i was in college, they were the naughty girls hahaha (been dying to use that smiley, thanks for giving me a reason)

          #78 AlmostMrsForbes

          AlmostMrsForbes
          • Jr. Member
          • 238 posts

            Posted 19 March 2008 - 03:09 PM

            Fun!

            I was (and still am, too) an Alpha Chi Omega at Ohio State University.

            We had big sorority and fraternity houses - I lived in for two years, and loved it. I can't imagine college without it!

            Brian (fiance) was a Beta Theta Pi at Ohio State (although a little bit before my time!) :-)

            #79 PaulaV

            PaulaV
            • VIP Member
            • 2,813 posts

              Posted 19 March 2008 - 03:46 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Yari
              I was an Alpha Delta Pi!

              I am still very close friends with six girls from my sorority....they rock!

              LITB Yari!
              Alpha Delta Pi here.
              I went to a small school in Ohio where, in my time, probably 70% of the school went Greek. All houses did things together which was nice.
              I like how Maura described it, it is different at each school.

              I didn't rush until my 2nd year of school though.
              This little Mexican girl's view of a fraternity was 'Animal House'.
              Coming to the US for school was indeed a culture shock for me, and I used to be very shy too... quickly got over that my freshman year, learned more about the school's culture and found myself in the middle of Rush somehow.

              It was a great experience, probably glad I only did 3 years of it instead of 4.

              I did learn that you can mouth 'watermelon' to most any of the songs if you cannot remember the words and you will appear to know them all :)

              Oh Yari, don't know if you had this one, but I have pictures at my wedding singing 'Mary Margaret'! That's the one song I DO know all the words to!


              #80 Yari

              Yari
              • VIP Member
              • 10,928 posts

                Posted 19 March 2008 - 04:02 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by PaulaV
                LITB Yari!
                Alpha Delta Pi here.
                I went to a small school in Ohio where, in my time, probably 70% of the school went Greek. All houses did things together which was nice.
                I like how Maura described it, it is different at each school.

                I didn't rush until my 2nd year of school though.
                This little Mexican girl's view of a fraternity was 'Animal House'.
                Coming to the US for school was indeed a culture shock for me, and I used to be very shy too... quickly got over that my freshman year, learned more about the school's culture and found myself in the middle of Rush somehow.

                It was a great experience, probably glad I only did 3 years of it instead of 4.

                I did learn that you can mouth 'watermelon' to most any of the songs if you cannot remember the words and you will appear to know them all :)

                Oh Yari, don't know if you had this one, but I have pictures at my wedding singing 'Mary Margaret'! That's the one song I DO know all the words to!

                Oh yay!!! That is so cool.

                LOL, about watermelon...so true. We didn't have the Mary Margaret song though. Sad!

                PATA!!! (Did you guys do this?)




                0 user(s) are reading this topic

                0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users