• 3,156 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 07:46 PM

Click the image to open in full size.

this is mine

#62 angitalia23

angitalia23
    • 1,029 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 07:48 PM

I looked for my pin in my jewlery box and Im pretty sure it's at my parents house (odd how I havent lived there for like 8 years) I still have tons of stuff in storage there. As soon as I go back to their house ill grab it and post a pic. Good idea!!!
      Anthony & Angela
      19 June 2008

#63 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 5,752 posts
      • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 18 March 2008 - 07:48 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by nikkianddean
      Maura, where did you go to school? DC had the same brothel regulations in effect, so no sorority houses....Of course there were frat houses al over the place. I think they recently made suites in some of the newer dorms.
      oxford, ohio, good ol miami university. there were an abundance of frat houses, but not a single sorority "house" anywhere! our suite had a fireplace, a kitchen, and a guest bedroom for the field consultant and executive board office attached so it was really nice, but i wouldve like to have had a house that i couldve lived in.

#64 -Kate-

-Kate-
      • VIP Member
      • 7,676 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 08:08 PM

I was an Alpha Xi Delta too Angela!! I'm you secret bunny and a sister - weird!

I went to the same school Maura did so my experiences were similar to hers. Actually, one MOH was a tri-delt at Miami and the other was a Fuzzie too. I knew it was the right sorority for me bc me and my BF from grade/high school both rushed our sophmore year. We were really careful about not talking about what sorority we liked bc we didn't want to influence each other. Imagine our surprise when we ended up at the same suite on bid night!

#65 Christine

Christine
        • VIP Member
        • 21,514 posts
        • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
        • Wedding Location:Napa, California
        • LocationReno, NV

Posted 18 March 2008 - 08:41 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by naga0066
        Strangely, I am in a fraternity... however our current brothers are all girls so we are pretty much a sorority.

It's a professional pharmacy fraternity (there are no pharmacy sorority that I am aware of) called Kappa Psi. I was never into it during undergrad... but I absolutely love it right now in my professional career. We still have many of the rules and what not, but the focus is different. The girls are my best friends and we have a great time. I can't imagine getting through these four years w/out them. :)
        Actually all social sororities are fraternities, except Gamma Phi Beta which is the only sorority founded as a sorority...so don't worry we all were actually in fraternities too!

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Nrvsbride
        I was in Alpha Phi. Sororities were so my thing. LOL. I loved everything about it. I loved doing Rush once I was a sister, I loved the cheesy songs, the parties, everything. I can't imagine my college experience without it. Its not for everyone but I absolutely loved it.
        I preffed Alpha Phi but they were a little too snobby at my school for my taste, but they had a beautiful house and a few girls I really liked.

As for me, I was (and still am) an Alpha Chi Omega, Gamma Nu Chapter, San Diego State University. I was chapter president and loved it. I am still friends with some girls from the house but I live so far away now that I am not as close with them as I would be if I still lived in So Cal.

My hubby was (and is still very much) a Sigma Phi Epsilon in our hometown of Reno, NV at UNR.

We are both still active in the greek world, we are both on the alumni boards of our local alumni chapters and he helps out one of the local universities.

I know they aren't for everyone but it is such a great thing and we will for sure encourage our children to do it if they want to.

I usually help out my students from the previous year when they have "rush" questions once they get to college, its so fun when they come back to visit and they all have their letters on.
        Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#66 CarrieRN

CarrieRN
        • 815 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 09:21 PM

I was in Kappa Delta at the University of Pittsburgh. I really enjoyed it my first 3 years but went inactive for the last year of school. Was in a long distance relationship and was more interested in that than mandatory events.
          http://i236.photobuc....m/IMG_1472.jpg
          Philip at 1 yr old. Go Steelers!
          Soon I will get to post wedding pics, figure I should get some more Philip in first!

http://dv.daisypath.com/Mvdhm5/.png

#67 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
          • 1,881 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 10:05 PM

miami university, huh? When I was younger (like 12) I always thought it was so funny how miami was in ohio I remember they had a pretty good basketball team...
            http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
            February 14, 2009

#68 -Kate-

-Kate-
            • VIP Member
            • 7,676 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 10:07 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by nikkianddean
              miami university, huh? When I was younger (like 12) I always thought it was so funny how miami was in ohio I remember they had a pretty good basketball team...
              Miami was a school before Florida was a state!!
              (that's the random saying they put on t-shirts for our school)

#69 CarrieRN

CarrieRN
              • 815 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 11:21 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by mauraw
                oxford, ohio, good ol miami university. there were an abundance of frat houses, but not a single sorority "house" anywhere! our suite had a fireplace, a kitchen, and a guest bedroom for the field consultant and executive board office attached so it was really nice, but i wouldve like to have had a house that i couldve lived in.
                Does this make you a Ben Roethlisberger fan?
                http://i236.photobuc....m/IMG_1472.jpg
                Philip at 1 yr old. Go Steelers!
                Soon I will get to post wedding pics, figure I should get some more Philip in first!

http://dv.daisypath.com/Mvdhm5/.png

#70 angitalia23

angitalia23
                • 1,029 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 08:08 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by LALA
                  I was an Alpha Xi Delta too Angela!! I'm you secret bunny and a sister - weird!

I went to the same school Maura did so my experiences were similar to hers. Actually, one MOH was a tri-delt at Miami and the other was a Fuzzie too. I knew it was the right sorority for me bc me and my BF from grade/high school both rushed our sophmore year. We were really careful about not talking about what sorority we liked bc we didn't want to influence each other. Imagine our surprise when we ended up at the same suite on bid night!
                  NO FLIPPING WAY!!! How random, thats really exciting....that is really really cool and now im way excited!
                  Anthony & Angela
                  19 June 2008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users