Photo

Who was in a sorority?

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#1 angitalia23

angitalia23
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 12:09 PM

I was an Alpha Xi Delta at Eastern Michigan University and loved it! Sometimes BDW reminds of my sorority and all the fun things....the "mods" are the officers, there are special traditions and obviously bonds form with new friends. It's really cool....just interested in seeing how many others went Greek in college!
    Anthony & Angela
    19 June 2008

#2 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 5,752 posts
    • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 18 March 2008 - 12:14 PM

i was! i was a tri delt! and i agree, BDW is a lot like an adult sorority

#3 Yari

Yari
    • VIP Member
    • 10,928 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 12:16 PM

I was an Alpha Delta Pi!

I am still very close friends with six girls from my sorority....they rock!

#4 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 5,752 posts
      • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 18 March 2008 - 12:19 PM

two of my BMs are best friends i made in my sorority. one was my "twin" because we had the same big. my FI thinks sororities are weird and was sketched out when i hesistated recently when he asked what my sorority initiation was like. it wasnt anything bad, it was actually nice and very spiritual, but you gals know, you vow to not reveal it to anyone, and i never told anybody before telling my FI.

#5 jmill130

jmill130
      • 601 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 12:21 PM

I agree 100% I was a Zeta Tau Alpha.

#6 lucy106

lucy106
        • 2,880 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 12:22 PM

I was in a music sorority if that counts.. Tau Beta Sigma. It was a great time and awesome experience.

#7 Yari

Yari
          • VIP Member
          • 10,928 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 12:22 PM

Wow, you told him?

When my FI asked me I said it was a secret and left it at that. I guess it's not a big deal for him to know, but I feel like I am breaking a law or something.

I am definitley going to ask the girls if they told at our next GNI (Girls Night In) next month.

All my BM's are sorority sisters, except for my FSIL & FSD.

#8 angitalia23

angitalia23
            • 1,029 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 12:29 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by mauraw
              two of my BMs are best friends i made in my sorority. one was my "twin" because we had the same big. my FI thinks sororities are weird and was sketched out when i hesistated recently when he asked what my sorority initiation was like. it wasnt anything bad, it was actually nice and very spiritual, but you gals know, you vow to not reveal it to anyone, and i never told anybody before telling my FI.
              Ya my FI is not fond of the whole sorority thing either but you cannot deny the bonds you form and the opportunities you get to become better involved in a campus. I told my FI too about what happened I dont think he was really interested (lol!) but he wasnt prying to know, I just told him, I know he's not going to spill it to anyone else...but I did feel a little like I was cheating my sorority or something! But I guess whatever, i graduated five years ago it's been a long time
              Anthony & Angela
              19 June 2008

#9 jajajaja

jajajaja
              • VIP Member
              • 9,794 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 12:37 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by mauraw
                i was! i was a tri delt! and i agree, BDW is a lot like an adult sorority
                My sister is a tri delt. After watching the things she goes through, I don't think I could have ever been in a sorority. I don't like people telling me what to do and everything is so regulated. I think she has fines up the wazoo now.
                Happily married since 2008

#10 Yari

Yari
                • VIP Member
                • 10,928 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 12:42 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
                  My sister is a tri delt. After watching the things she goes through, I don't think I could have ever been in a sorority. I don't like people telling me what to do and everything is so regulated. I think she has fines up the wazoo now.
                  Sororities are definitely not for everyone. But not sure what you mean by the things your sister has to go through. Is she getting hazed?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users