Wedding in Scotland!!

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Nrsggrl

• 47 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 09:06 AM

Hello Everyone!

My name is Angela. My fiance Jason and I got engaged on this past Christmas morning (2007). I just got my engagement ring last week, (because it has only taken me 3 MONTHS to pick it out.... Yes... I'm one of THOSE girls.... lol ) I'm a Registered Nurse, and Jason is a manager at a Mortgage company. We live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada and we've decided to get married in Scotland! The wedding will take place in September 2009. No specific date yet.

We're heading overseas in May to start the planning process. We've already scoped out a few venues, and vendors that we will be checking out while over there in May.

We are sooooo excited and can't wait! We'll probably limit the guest list to about 30-40 people, and just have a big party when we get back from the honeymoon.

Anyway, seems like this forum may be helpful in providing some good wedding ideas!

Take care,

#2 gwynemark

• 96 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 09:10 AM

Welcome to the site and good luck in Scotland. What an amazing place to get married.

#3 ~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,680 posts
      • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
      • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
      • LocationUtah

Posted 18 March 2008 - 09:20 AM

Welcome to the forum. Oh wow, Scotland would be an incredible venue for a wedding. PLease share the details as you move along. I love Scotland.

#4 Autumn

• 1,166 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 09:32 AM

welcome to the forum, and congratulations!! Scotland is an amazing place to get married!! I used to live in Europe and spent a lot of time traveling over there - do you have a particular spot in mind?

#5 Hartyt509

• 2,262 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 09:52 AM

Hi - have you been to scotland before ? cause its bleeding freezing lol I should know I live within spitting distance lol

If you need any help with the language barrier (trust me there will be one) I'll help all I can lol

#6 Spazz

• VIP Member
          • 10,482 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 09:58 AM

to the forum! Scotland sounds amazing! Happy planning!!!

#7 melglnh2o

• 1,016 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 11:48 AM

Hi Angela. Welcome to the forum. Best of luck with planning your dream wedding in Scotland. How exciting.

#8 Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 8,047 posts
              • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
              • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
              • LocationToronto

Posted 18 March 2008 - 12:00 PM

Welcome! Scotland is amazing, and Edinburgh is by far my favorite city in Europe! Goodluck with the planning, your wedding will be beautiful!

#9 Yari

• VIP Member
              • 10,928 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 12:01 PM

HI Angela!

What a cool location.

Happy planning and welcome to the forum!

#10 angitalia23

• 1,029 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 12:11 PM

Welcome your destination sounds very exciting! Congrats on your engagement!
                  Anthony & Angela
                  19 June 2008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users