looking for cuba wedding photographer

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 airhead

airhead
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 07:09 AM

Hi we are planning our wedding somewhere between nov 16th and nov 30th
    at iberostar Daiquiri in cuba. It is only small, us and our two girls 13 and 8 and possibly 2 friends, would really love some good modern style photos to show everyone back home, if anyone has any info or reccommendations or ideas please let me know as don't know where to start

#2 fotochick

fotochick
    • 5 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 09:51 AM

I may be in cuba at that time. I'm going April 5-13 but know I'm going to go back in the fall. how fun would that be?!

angela!

#3 JulieG

JulieG
      • VIP Member
      • 8,323 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 12:20 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by airhead
        Hi we are planning our wedding somewhere between nov 16th and nov 30th
        at iberostar Daiquiri in cuba. It is only small, us and our two girls 13 and 8 and possibly 2 friends, would really love some good modern style photos to show everyone back home, if anyone has any info or reccommendations or ideas please let me know as don't know where to start
        I brought my photographer from here to my wedding in Cuba and she did an amazing job. If you want to see some of my pictures and her info, let me know.

#4 Stormsong

Stormsong
        • 287 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 08:36 PM

I am going to Cuba in beginning for December 2008....so would be interested in knowing some photographers that may be there as well! Thanks for posting this! Maybe we can both find someone! :)
          Lisa

#5 JulieG

JulieG
          • VIP Member
          • 8,323 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 12:45 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Stormsong
            I am going to Cuba in beginning for December 2008....so would be interested in knowing some photographers that may be there as well! Thanks for posting this! Maybe we can both find someone! :)
            My photographer was not located there, but I brought her along. I used one of my free trips to get her there and paid for her services. It was totally worth it and our pictures are amazing.

#6 Stormsong

Stormsong
            • 287 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 07:55 PM

yah...we don't have any free trips though...so...that would be too pricy for what i want! Thanks for the suggestion though!

Maybe i will just stick to the resort photographer. My FI bestmans wife is a sudo-photographer...i will just tell her she has to work and take pictures! lol
              Lisa

#7 JulieG

JulieG
              • VIP Member
              • 8,323 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 08:47 AM

Quote:
                yah...we don't have any free trips though...so...that would be too pricy for what i want! Thanks for the suggestion though!

Maybe i will just stick to the resort photographer. My FI bestmans wife is a sudo-photographer...i will just tell her she has to work and take pictures! lol
                How come you don't get any free trips?

#8 Stormsong

Stormsong
                • 287 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 09:22 AM

it was never offered to us in our package. Maybe we didn't have enough people coming?? Who knows. (We only have 16 people confirmed....)

But yah...we really weren't offered many incentives like free flights or stuff.
                  Lisa

#9 JulieG

JulieG
                  • VIP Member
                  • 8,323 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:03 PM

Quote:
                    it was never offered to us in our package. Maybe we didn't have enough people coming?? Who knows. (We only have 16 people confirmed....)

But yah...we really weren't offered many incentives like free flights or stuff.
                    I think they all work the same way as ours, every 21st person is free, so you are right, its not enough people as of yet. I know some TA's don't tell you about the deal and keep the trips for themselves, so if you get enough people make sure you ask your TA about it. Just a head's up. We had 52 people, so we got 2 free trips, one for the photographer and 1 for a GM who would not have been able to come otherwise. It was perfect.

#10 airhead

airhead
                    • 3 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 05:16 AM

Thanks for the replys Fotochick that sounds great looked at your website and photos are great please can you let me know if you think you will be around at that time also julie l would love to see some of your photos thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users